Do I have gender dysphoria? If so how bad and what should I do? Read more at TransgenderZone.com and don't forget to ad

You can still read all the posts here. As this was a moderated guest area for newbies and people who do not want to register. However due to the spam we encountered we have decided to retire this and insist on Registration and Admin Approval in the main Agony section or pop over to our Facebook Group and join in there. See the Blog link in our site menu.

Moderator: Guest Moderator

sakurasanta86

Do I have gender dysphoria? If so how bad and what should I do? Read more at TransgenderZone.com and don't forget to ad

Postby sakurasanta86 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 am

Since I have been about 10-11 years old, (I'm currently 17 almost 18) I have always been having feelings in the back of my mind about being a girl (I'm a boy), this didn't really bother me much and I would usually dismiss the thoughts and get on with life. However, in the last 2 ish years, these feelings have started to become more common and much more serious than in previous years, which has seriously left me unhappy with not being able to decide my gender because I will half the time have strong feelings in a man but later on I will have a desire to be a girl and become depressed about the fact that I'm a boy, I found this quite hard to get along with but I managed to live with it. However the last few weeks or so have been extremely challenging for me with the wanting to be a woman as I feel a woman most of the time yet sometimes still a man, it got to the point where in all of my fantasies and dreams I was a woman and recently I went out to shop for women's shoes and clothes making me feel nervous yet happy even though I didn't buy anything, I've also found that on one occasion I was starting to find some men attractive when I thought I should be a girl however this was only on one occasion and I'm still exclusively attracted to females . This whole situation has become very distressing for me and I was wandering if anyone would be able to give some insight and understandings to my situation

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Steffi

Re: Do I have gender dysphoria? If so how bad and what should I do? Read more at TransgenderZone.com and don't forget t

Postby Steffi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi

I'm not in any way qualified to diagnose you. I can only speak from my own personal experiences and my observations of other people with this problem over the years.
Without some in-depth discussion it is impossible to even guess whether you are a transsexual or a transvestite.
Two things are near certain -
1) If a person has these feelings, they do not ever "just go away"
2) The intensity of the drive will escalate until you achieve some sort of balance with it. For some, this might be dressing up a couple of times a year - for others, it might lead all the way to changing gender-role permanently with or without surgically changing sex.
(....you have recently been window-shopping for female clothes - it is very likely that in time you will buy some. Most people with this problem have gone through several cycles of buying clothes then throwing them away and swearing to never do it again......only to buy more clothes in the future and repeat the cycle several times.
Deny - Express - Guilt - Purge. The cycle continues until the person arranges their life in some sort of way which allows expression of this drive.

For both transsexuals and transvestites it is extremely common for feelings of gender dysphoria to wax and wane in intensity - sometimes one (almost) completely forgets about the entire thing, perhaps for several months at a time. Even when the thought does cross your mind, you have no particular urge to actually do it and you begin to think that you might "be cured" and have left it behind you.
- then it comes back, with crippling intensity. :-(

You do need to do something about it in some way in order to avoid a lifetime of secret suffering from either/both guilt and suppressed inner yearning.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Return to “Guest Comment and Agony - Now Closed Please use Registered Agony and Advice below.”