My Best Friend is FtM but too scared to do anything

This is a moderated guest area for newbies and people who do not want to register - feel free to ask a question or say hi.

Moderator: Guest Moderator

BTrickey

My Best Friend is FtM but too scared to do anything

Postby BTrickey » Tue May 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi my friend recently came out to me as a trans male, he has not currently gone under any treatment or changes and is therefore currently still dressing and acting female.

However he wants to further his progress into the transition but is scared that his boyfriend will dump him due to his boyfriend already admitting he would not find him attractive because he is not gay.

I'm trying to be as supportive as possible but believe that he should go with what makes him happy, and maybe try a few things which would make him look a bit more masculine.

However what should I say or do? His boyfriend is really bothering him! What should he do?!?

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: My Best Friend is FtM but too scared to do anything

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Without knowing your friend or his bf it is almost impossible to give any real quality advice.

So based on that, I suggest you make sure you respect his pronouns him, or hir or whatever it is he would like. Treat him like the man he is although that can be difficult at times as you are no doubt so used to how he used to be in a female role.

As for his boyfriend? I think sometimes it is better to stay out of this sort of thing as if he loves him and you stick you boot in he is likely to argue with you and justify it all, making your position untenable. And you could both fall out.

It is likely that you friends BF may well not be attracted to a male version of the 'girl' he once loved. However, we must respect his choices here as he has little option in the transition I guess. Sometimes we have to face up to the fact that transition can be a very selfish thing to do - albeit for all the right reasons for that individual. But people can and do get hurt when it happens. Marriages breakdown and remain friends. Etc... Etc...

Goodd luck :)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: My Best Friend is FtM but too scared to do anything

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 pm

#Replies
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30