MTF Transition

This is a moderated guest area for newbies and people who do not want to register - feel free to ask a question or say hi.

Moderator: Guest Moderator

MTF Transition

Postby Guest » Mon May 02, 2011 1:05 am

Hey Everyone,

My Girlfriend is a MtF Transexual who wants to transition. She's been trying to get the transition on its way for over a year now, but there hasn't been much progress. She's had some councelling sessions and that's about it, all of them being 5 to 6 months apart. She's not a very confident person so has trouble buying female clothes in shops or wearing female clothes in public/around family. My main question is, what would be the best steps for her to take to get her transition properly started? I just want to see her happy and the fact that the transition is taking so long is making her slightly depressed so I'd appreciate any help.

For clarificaton, she is physically male right now, I know its implied, but I thought I'd make sure.

Thanks in Advance.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Hormone Database

Cassie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: MTF Transition

Postby Cassie » Mon May 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi Guest!

Firstly i'd just like to say it's brilliant that you are supporting your gf.

Esther is correct to say you need to choose between NHS and private treatment - NHS is much cheaper but there's a lot of waiting, you have a lot more control privately but it's expensive. A list of practitioners can be found in the following thread - see "Clinics":

http://forum.transgenderzone.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1220

Something else I would really recommend your gf do if she wants to do something tangible is to start hair removal - electrolysis on the face takes ages and it's much easier whilst still presenting as male!

It would probably also be beneficial if you or she registered on the forum, joined in the discussions and start a blog (these are hidden from you at present) as this will help to provide direction and encouragement. Being trans is a very lonely business and having others who are "in the know" to chat to is priceless.

C

AbracaDebra

Re: MTF Transition

Postby AbracaDebra » Tue May 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Hiya Guest

I wont really add much more to what has been said to you be the previous postees only to add my encouragement for you too register here (under any email and/or name you choose) and start enjoying the full benefits of the group. Again, starting a blog would be a good idea. You will find it helps you a lot.
We look forward to hearing from you both. Take care. :thumbup:

Hugs,
Debbie

Return to “Guest Comment and Agony - All posts need approval after posting please check back later”