Questions about hormones

ChrissyXx

Questions about hormones

Postby ChrissyXx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Hiya everyone, only just joined so still finding my way around here :roll:,, just a few questions about hormones..
So I am currently at the start of my transition, the very start :|.. Being referred to gic, bearing in mind the waiting times for the first appointment I hope that you can understand my frustrations. So basically my gf who has gotten onto hrt a few months back had offered me her tablets that she didn't need any more which were co-cyprindiol (the pill).. So iv been taking them for just over two months now, mostly to help with hair and also vaniqa cream for the same reason.. Now I'm not sure that I'm going totally crazy but the last week I have noticed that my nipples are extremely sensitive and I was convinced that my chest is developing slightly.. I'd put this down to wishful thinking but the other morning I was convinced..
So I was just wondering, has anybody had a similar experience? And can tell me whether I'm crazy or not?

Ps, my gf can't really give me any advice as she doesn't naturally produce T and so would react differently to me for example

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Steffi

Re: Questions about hormones

Postby Steffi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi and welcome

I have no experience of this particular pill, but from Google I learn :-

"Co-cyprindiol contains two ingredients, ethinylestradiol and cyproterone. Ethinylestradiol is an oestrogen, which is a female sex hormone. Cyproterone is an anti-androgen. Androgens are responsible for stimulating the glands on your skin which produce an oil (sebum) and they also encourage hair growth. Co-cyprindiol works by reducing the amount of androgen you produce, which helps to clear acne and reduces excess hair growth."

What I already knew :-
Cyproterone Acetate is sold under the brand name Androcur. It is a powerful anti-androgen ( which is known to often cause depressive mental effects.)
The suppression of testosterone alone will allow the normal estrogen content of the male body to very slowly feminise.

Ethynilestradiol is a modified estrogen molecule. The modification gives it a much longer half-life in the body and thus a much lower dose is needed than would be the case with estrogen. (e.g. typical doses - estrogen 2 milligram whereas ethynilestradiol 100 MICROgram )

From my own experience, I remember at about 6 weeks suddenly noticing that I had breast-buds, nipples protruding slightly and rather painful.
.......so I doubt that you are imagining things.
I would expect you to also notice, now or soon, that your ejaculate becomes watery and less volume as sperm production shuts down.

Please be aware that ethynilestradiol can be a dangerous drug to use and has thus fallen from favour.
The risk of DVT is higher than for plain estradiol, so it's use is not recommended for older transsexuals or those who smoke tobacco

:-)
(from Google) -
"Cyproterone acetate, sold alone under the brand name Androcur or with ethinylestradiol as Diane or Diane-35 among others,"

I advise you that Susan's Place (Trans forum) will not allow discussion at all of s similar (or same) pill
quote - "Diane-35 discussion not permitted

No sane or competent doctor would prescribe this acne medication/contraceptive as a medication for HRT in Male to Female Transsexuals. I have in the past banned discussion of the use of specific drugs, and I think it's time we do it again... A Google search only finds this drug mentioned in health warnings, self medication forums, and on online pharmacies."
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

ChrissyXx

Postby ChrissyXx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Thankyou steffi, that's more than helpful :)..
I have an appointment with my gp after a hormone level check so that will be an interesting discussion. I plan on telling her what I am taking as I do want to discuss it with a professional as to the side effects but I have to say that these have been some of the happiest times of my life, iv even been sleeping properly, and so much more myself.
Either way I won't be on them for much longer as I only have about a month left.
As far as things down below, I don't know what's going good on as I havnt ejaculated for weeks. Strangely enough the last time I was with my partner she managed to bring me to orgasm while not hard and I didn't climax. I hesitate to say that it was an orgasm and not 'cumming' but it want like anything that iv exoerianced before :)

Anyway, thankyou again, I'm sorry if descussion of these drugs are not the norm, something that I didn't realise and was just trying to gather as much information as possible (Im not the type of person to just take something without knowing the risks)

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 pm

to clarify........ we talk about hormones here without much restriction, I was just pointing out that on at least one other forum, the combination drug of the type you are using is banned from discussion as it's considered a dangerous drug.

I'm glad if my comments were of help.

I would also mention .......if I remember correctly, ethyinil estradiol will not be detected by a normal blood test for estrogen level, so ensure that your doctor is properly aware of what you have been taking before he/she orders your blood-test.

Charing Cross GIC aim for your estradiol level to be 400 to 600 picomol per litreL and testosterone to be less than 5 nanomol per litre

I remember first starting hormones....... I had a great feeling of just being relaxed, at peace with my body :-)

- you may like to read this post of mine viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2041
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

ChrissyXx

Postby ChrissyXx » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:07 am

I understand, I do realise it's not the smartist thing to take I guess I just got to a point.. I have been open with my gp but havnt mentioned this, I already have another appointment with my gp and will be talking in more detail about everything. :), thanks again I will take a look at that link in a few mins,
Either way I only have 3 weeks left, possibly be scrounging my gf's hrt pills as she's been approved for an implant but I'll be speaking to the gp about that too

Return to “Agony (registered users only)”