Is it Appropriate that my GP said this?

ArissaReid

Is it Appropriate that my GP said this?

Postby ArissaReid » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:24 pm

So a week ago I had to go to the GP for a regular check up and to go for a repeat prescription.

Whilst there he started talking about how my health was blah di blah and then asked about why I was being referred to the gender clinic.

Um, what.

He asked what I felt were quite intrusive questions at the time and I'm not sure if he should be asking me anything like that.

He asked do I still want to go through with being seen and asked me multiple times if I was sure. He then asked about my sex life and whether I was having sex as a man or a woman. I'm not the only one thinking this was inappropriate am I?

Does anyone know how I could make a complaint against the GP.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Is it Appropriate that my GP said this?

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:45 am

Hi thank you for posting - sorry about the delay.

GPs are gatekeepers of the NHS and sadly i(in your case) may need to know as much as possible about you. They will be responsible for prescribing (with the Gender Clinic's guidance) you hormones, and looking after your blood tests and general well-being. They will be 'in the loop' regarding every aspect of the gender clinic's decisions and treatment. They will most likely be CC'ed all correspondence between the Gender Clinic and you.

Some questions asked such as your sex life seem to me to come from a place of ignorance. You can and are in a place to teach them to be better practitioners, and the next patient they get may have an easier ride because of your treatment and care.

Although I would advise against it (from what you have said) as they just seem curious and have a scientific mindset, you can make a complaint or raise concerns via the General Medical Council here.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/concerns/index.asp

Hope this helps and good luck with your path to treatment :)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Is it Appropriate that my GP said this?

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:49 am

#Replies
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30