The Top 20 Programs you cannot do without!

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

The Top 20 Programs you cannot do without!

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:06 pm

I recently wiped my C: Drive (after backing all the folders up externally of course).

However when it came to starting again, I became quite harsh about what I was going to put back on the machine.

At Transgender Zone we have a seperate TV studio set-up you can see that here
http://library.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2551

But I still edit the archives and all the ext HHD are connected to this on USB Hubs on this machine - my day-to-day Dell :) So I needed Vegas Video Editing.

So my Top Programs are

1. Windows 7 (Windows 8 is naff). And system software like AMA Catalyst etc obviously.
2. Roxio CD/DVD Creator (for my TV media back-ups).
3. A screen capture program and an audio capture program like Audacity. As I need to be able to capture things online that I may miss from Media Center. Also needed for the Support group to show the screen to the crew.
4. Video Converting program - using vegas is not always possible as some formats are not recognised.
5. Paintshop pro (the old one 10 - the rest are cr*p), Photoshop (rarely used) Dreamweaver - a must have and word.
6. Animated Gif program.
7. Manga cartooning program to use with my Wacom Tablet. Although many use photoshop, I prefer Manga as its easier to use for those of us without a degree in art ;)P
8. Comodo firewall. Avast AV and Lockhunter.
9. I am mining virtual currency atm so minining Litecoin :) so thats another bit.
10. Skype and Microsoft Lifecam/Lifechat.
11. FTP software (obviously).
12. Frontpage - an old friend that although tired as an HTML editor its still a great way to examine code if you are lazy.
13. Disk management software. Like HD Tune. Tuneup Utilities.
14. DVR-MS To edit clips from converted DVR files.
15. AOL Desktop. Have no choice :)
16. Adobe Acrobat. And Flash for all browsers.
17. Mosoft freecalc - a great alternative to the Microsoft Windows Calculator.
18. All major browsers - IE, SAFARI, FIREFOX,CHROME - TO test tzone.
19. A sticky notes style reminder program that is very important. (Like Notzilla).
20. World cup Snooker 2005 (and new games as an when). WCS 2005 has never been bettered! I have second life on another machine as it doesn't seem very happy on this one :P

Plus a few more odds and ends - but this is a basic set up for me to be able to function in what I do :)P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Return to “Technology and Gadgets (inc computer support and net advice)”