Internet Explorer Browser Exploit - Fix it Now!

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Internet Explorer Browser Exploit - Fix it Now!

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Just a note to say if you run Internet Explorer you must install this update or FIX if you prefer Mr Fix-it.

It basically means if you don't another person can sit between you and your websites and surf your Facebook, twitter or anything else you use with a password on your browser. As the site believes it is you!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2879017

This Fix it solution addresses the issue that was previously described in Microsoft Security Advisory (2887505): Vulnerability in Internet Explorer could allow remote code execution We are providing this Fix it solution as workaround if you are not able to apply security update 2879017.

I use Firefox (and chrome for media).

But you may use IE and you must sort this out ASAP!
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Christine

Re: Internet Explorer Browser Exploit - Fix it Now!

Postby Christine » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:04 pm

To be blunt, the best advice is to never use Internet Explorer: it's always been terrible and always will be.

Sadly, browsers are pretty cr*p in general so it does seem to be a case of trying to choose the least worst. I find it hard to endorse Firefox (my current browser of choice) with any enthusiasm, but at least it's not Internet Explorer.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 pm

I have to use them all to test this site on all platforms all the time :)P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Christine

Postby Christine » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:46 pm

I have to use them all to test this site on all platforms all the time :)P
My commiserations! I remember going through all that malarky when I was writing a lot of css years ago. It wasn't fun. Especially having to do all the special IE compatibility stuff, which took at least as long as everything else put together...

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:51 am

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technology and Gadgets (inc computer support and net advice)”