How to Get Optical Super Fast Broadband on AOL UK TALK TALK

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

How to Get Optical Super Fast Broadband on AOL UK TALK TALK

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:29 pm

HOW DO I GET AOL FIBRE (FIBER OPTIC, OPTICAL) OPTIC BROADBAND IN THE UK WITHOUT LOSING MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS?

A few have asked me about this as when you have been a long time AOL user you have reams of emails and storage and email usernames that you have used for years.

Well I can say now that you can now get Optical superfast AOL Broadband but via its Group owner TALK TALK.

History

AOL was originally AOL (America Online) the UK part of this was bought by TALK TALK along with others like Tiscali.

However, the accounting and billing remained with the company you had to contract with.

Now we fast forward to today.

Now there is optical superfast Boradband - but to get it you must 'leave' AOL - and this is the terrifying part for those with established AOL accounts what happens to them.

Well NOTHING! It still is the same - the only difference is now your bills are handled by TALK TALK you helpline is TALK TALK (mainly UK based rather than India. All the engineers work for TALK TALK. And you onnline billing and management is 100% better than AOL.

So here is what you do

First you must go to the TALK TALK SITE enter your postcode and check that Optical is available in your area - its a bit like FREEVIEW in that in the next 2 years it will be available everywhere and is being rolled out slowly outside major towns and cities. (Where most of us live).

So HOORAY it is available where you are - you then contact TALK TALK - phone them and explain you are on AOL and want you account moved to TALK TALK so you can have an OPTICAL OPGRADE.

They will then start you off on a new contract - take advantage of the one year pay up front for line hire you save ÂŁ60 quid! You have to pay 30 pounds for the BT engineer but you incurr no other penalties for moving your account as its the same company :)

and then you get a call from BTopenreach (not BT to company Openreach thats like RAILTRACK network admin for telephones).

THEY INSTALL THIS

And then your speed goes through the roof!

TALK TALK OFFER TWO SERVICES ONE IS 35MB THE OTHER IS 70MB
GET THE 35! As you can always upgrade but you cannot downgrade without a contract penalty!

The openreach engineer explained that if you live alone 3mb is enough, if you live with someone else 10mb is planty, if you have a family with kids downloading 35 is still enough, if you have a FRATHOUSE or HI DEMAND systems - may apply to Skype conferencing etc webmasters IT - Then you may need 70mb but most unlikely.

So thats it - get AOL OPTICAL and keep all your accounts and emails :)P

IM
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: How to Get Optical Super Fast Broadband on AOL UK TALK T

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Technology and Gadgets (inc computer support and net advice)”