What games are you playing?

Christine

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Christine » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:20 pm

The PS4 Had the best launch ever! And made XBOX with they must be online and can never share a game with a friend plan look like a terrible idea!

XBOX within 2 weeks panicked and retracted that. LOL
It was a terrible idea! While I understand a publisher's desire to protect its "intellectual property", that sort of DRM is going way too far and just alienates customers. Promptly turning them into ex-customers. Although Sony's history in that regard is, ahem, rather patchy, well played to them for taking full advantage of a rather foolish situation of Microsoft's making! I still don't trust either of them, though.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Charlie778

Postby Charlie778 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 pm

What annoyed me about skyrim is that you can be head of everything - even conflicting things so I would go back to the game and everyone is talking to me and I have no idea why :lol: anyway I am a head werewolf and chief wizard and I forget the rest :lol:

Did you watch the E3 conference? It was so funny! the moment the Sony CEO really rubbed salt in the xbox wound :lol: He was stood there looking so smug, I think it is the definition of smug :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-PpUCbeJs

I actually think there were some cool things that came with xbox ones DRM, like the ability to share your library, now they have taken that out it is a PS4 that is £80 more expensive. Also I hate the idea of the kinect watching me all the time :think:

It has now become known as the Xbox One-Eighty (since they did a 180 on the DRM and it is half as good as the 360 :lol: )

I'm hoping to get a job in a games studio one day so fingers crossed for discounted/free games! :lol:

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:35 pm

The video of how to share a Sony Game - and a person says to a friend here you are as he passes it to him LOL

MS went f*ck! :lol:
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Charlie778

Postby Charlie778 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Oh god yeah!! :lol: "The official sony sharing games instructional video" :lol: :lol: Had many laughs about that video in blockbuster and GAME stores :cool: . If I owned a company and I had an opportunity like that I would totally take it :D

Christine

Postby Christine » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:14 pm

What annoyed me about skyrim is that you can be head of everything - even conflicting things so I would go back to the game and everyone is talking to me and I have no idea why :lol: anyway I am a head werewolf and chief wizard and I forget the rest :lol:
Yeah, I agree with that. Although it's a particular fault of Skyrim, it's something I don't like about the Elder Scrolls series in general: if you can rise right to the top of an organisation in short order it makes the world feel a really small place. I prefer games with guilds where you can attain some degree of significance, but the real positions of power are things you only really hear about and you can imagine all the politicking goes on behind the scenes.

It wouldn't have been that hard for membership of, say, the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood precluding one from a career in the Fighters Guild or Companions, for instance.
Did you watch the E3 conference? It was so funny! the moment the Sony CEO really rubbed salt in the xbox wound :lol: He was stood there looking so smug, I think it is the definition of smug :cool:
I didn't, but I did see that and it was very amusing! Although I'll never be a fan of Sony, Microsoft really were asking for that one. :D
I actually think there were some cool things that came with xbox ones DRM, like the ability to share your library, now they have taken that out it is a PS4 that is £80 more expensive. Also I hate the idea of the kinect watching me all the time :think:

It has now become known as the Xbox One-Eighty (since they did a 180 on the DRM and it is half as good as the 360 :lol: )
It's a pity, they could have got rid of the unpalatable bits and kept the good bits. To backtrack and say "you can't have the cool stuff either, you asked for it, so there, ner" just sounds petulant. Still, same old Microsoft, they've been like this since forever.
I'm hoping to get a job in a games studio one day so fingers crossed for discounted/free games! :lol:
Think carefully! It's a high pressure job, and working under the influence of a publisher can be tough. Having said that, I know a couple of people in the games industry and they seem to love their job. Personally, though, I think I'd stick with a relatively ordinary tech job that's secure if slightly unexciting and work at games modding, where you get to choose all the best bits and work at your own pace. That's an area where TES in particular really excels.

Return to “Technology and Gadgets (inc computer support and net advice)â€