long distance walking

sgian

long distance walking

Postby sgian » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 pm

i'm pretty into long distance trails.i have done a lot of walks in scotland like the west highland way,great glen way,rob roy way and speyside way.i try to climb some of the munros when i'm walking too.i love camping and usually carry everything i need with me on my walks.i have seen some beautiful sites on my travels and am in my elements in the great outdoors.i like not having to depend on hostels and hotels for accomodation and being able to stop walking when i feel like it.
rachel

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Jay2009

Re: long distance walking

Postby Jay2009 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 am

I'm really lazy when it comes to walking, I'd prefer to bike it if I was planning to go far. Obviously though, you can't bike along treacherous terrain. I can't stand walking, I just think 'arghhh...'
I htink it just takes too long. But with a bike, you can choose to go much faster or slower etc.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 pm

suppose it depends where you are walking - now windsurfing in the south of France - now you are talking ;)P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

troodles4

Postby troodles4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi sgian,
Glad I'm not the only long distance perambulator.
Where I live in Bronte country is ideal. I'm only a couple of miles from the
pennine way. See it from my window now.
If your any good at map reading(don't follow me I'm usless at map reading) then you
may be able to work out were I live.
Hugs Troodles x :ugeek:

blumoon

Postby blumoon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Come up to the north of Norway and walk from Alta to Karasjok along the old post road. It's a bit of a short summer season without any snow on the tops, and can be a bit hazardous in July with all the mozzies, but the miles and miles of open landscape make it worth it. Plus, the occasional benefit of a flock of reindeer.

Return to “Outdoors (inc pursuits, sports and exercise)”