Camping

AbracaDebra

Camping

Postby AbracaDebra » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi all

Being in education, I do a lot of camping (as we get loads of holidays, haha).
I usually go with my 2 girls and at least one other of their friends.
I usually have tent pitches with power so that we ALL can plug our straighteners in ! :D

Does anybody enjoy this pursuit or are you all too pampered ?

Hugs,
Debbie

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Cassie

Re: Camping

Postby Cassie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 pm

I love the hiking bit but I went off camping the moment I could afford a hotel or youth hostel. Waking up so c-c-c-cold just didn't suit me!

JENNYJET

Postby JENNYJET » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:00 pm

I did camping long ago. I was a licenced camp orgnaniser for the Boys' Brigade and I adored the escape from the concrete jungle that was Birmingham for a week in mid Wales teaching and encouraging young boys to live basic and survive. They loved it, I loved it and I miss it desperately :(

AbracaDebra

Postby AbracaDebra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks for the replies all.

Oh Esther, that sounds great. I love the idea of simple (even wild) camping (unlike the 'all trimmings' stuff we do now), but my kids (2x 13yr old girls) have been pampered too much and would divorce me if I tried to suggest it (we;; at least one would anyway).

I know exactly what you mean Cassie. I don't do cold very well either. I love the hiking bit too but one of my kids finds walking boring (sigh). As for the cold, because I don't like it either we tend to limit all our camping trips to warmer times between June and September. Having said that I would love to camp in the freezing cold some time surrounded my snow on a mountain. It's on the to do list.

Jenny, you will do it again...it's a feeling I have. I did it when I was inmy 20's and then it went away for decades, then I started getting the urges again not so long back and eventally rediscovered it about 2 years ago and have been camping loads since, with different kids who I have all introduced to it, and loved it.
Hey maybe we could all go camping one day. There's a thought.

Hugs,
Debbie

thedreadpersephone
Families Admin
Families Admin

Postby thedreadpersephone » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Power? Straighteners? Might as well stay in a hotel :lol:

All our holidays were camping holidays when I was growing up as my parents didn't have much money then. I do have my own tent now but it tends to only come out for festivals these days. Then it's very much back to basics - although I do like a good European festival with showers and flushing toilets!
Who am I?:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50

Me & T: Me & T Monthly is a peer support group for the family, friends and partners of trans people.
https://www.facebook.com/MeTMonthly
http://meandtscotland.wordpress.com/

Return to “Outdoors (inc pursuits, sports and exercise)”