Camping

AbracaDebra

Re: Camping

Postby AbracaDebra » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:24 am

HAHAHA ! Well I havn't taken the straighteners yet, but I will be doing next time in May half term down in Cornwall. :D

As it happens I go from one extreme to the next. I wanted to go camping when I was a young teen but they wouldn't let me go with the girlguides, it had to be with the boyscouts or nobody, so I didn't bother. :(
My first camping was in my 20's and was even without a tent ! So how rough is that ? Just a bag on a field in the open, drinking from a stream (but no, I didn't eat grass for food!).

Nowadays however I just like it, and whatever kids I take love it too. I only take all the trappings for them, honestly, honestly. ;)

Hugs,
Debbie

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

thedreadpersephone
Families Admin
Families Admin

Postby thedreadpersephone » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm

I'd draw the line at camping with no tent! At T in the Park I've seen people sleeping under an old tarpaulin but at the Dutch festival we usually go to now everyone is super well prepared with huge tents and all the equipment you could ever want plus shopping trolleys/wheelie bins/wheelbarrows full of beer. They also like to start frying meat and chopping cucumbers in the morning for breakfast sandwiches... :sick:
Who am I?:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50

Me & T: Me & T Monthly is a peer support group for the family, friends and partners of trans people.
https://www.facebook.com/MeTMonthly
http://meandtscotland.wordpress.com/

AbracaDebra

Postby AbracaDebra » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:08 pm

OMG you festival goers ! Ok, I am jealous.
Went to loads of festivals decades ago during hippy days (first time around, :oops: ).
Havn't done that stuff since life and kids and packed daily schedules turned up.
Good for you ! :thumbup:

JENNYJET

Postby JENNYJET » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:28 pm

I cannot connect to that type of music, large crowds the whole festival concept as it is today.

My idea of camping is a small intimate group and by intimate I mean well known to each other and small in number and not any sexual context!! Either in a field well spaced out so that tents can breath here in UK or perhaps overlooking Rome or in the forests of Sweden during their brief but generally warm summers. I cannot go off on my own but need someone with me due to my disabilities and this means a person that I can trust 500%.

I was hoping to take my Mini off to Germany for a few days using 2* B&B this year to follow up my aviation interests but a new medical event has put that upon hold. Even so, I need someone I could truely rely upon and trust to ensure my needs and safety.

Camping is great, wonderful for mind and body but by golly, you need to be fit and healthy to do it. :?

AbracaDebra

Postby AbracaDebra » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 am

Camping is great, wonderful for mind and body but by golly, you need to be fit and healthy to do it. :?
Well Jenny

That is mainly true. If not fit and healthy, certainly a glutton for feeling pain and strain. :lol: What I have found with my advancing years is that sleeping on the floor can be a real pain, especially for the first few nights of acclimatisation. When I wake up in the morning most of my body is screaming at me (this is by choice / no matresses), and yet, if I have a full and exhausting day in the sea or wherever, I do sleep, and really well, especially in the sea air unfiltered by central heating. My girls and I are water crazy and love wetsuits and waves so we have to be on, or right next to a beach. The most popular sites are a little crowded but if you pick the best (and costliest) you tend to be surrounded by nice people. In our first ventures a few years ago we did end up at some sites that were populated by (how can I put this), the rowdier types. I have wised up now. Whilst my two 13 yr old girls like it for a week or two (and whatever of their friends I take) I will continue to do this (health permitting). I hope they will continue to like it. However, all things change, and that is a fact. What changes with me and what changes with them will mean one day these will just be very fond memoires. :-)

Hugs,
Debbie

Return to “Outdoors (inc pursuits, sports and exercise)”