Camping

Joel E.

Re: Camping

Postby Joel E. » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 am

but at the Dutch festival we usually go to now everyone is super well prepared with huge tents and all the equipment you could ever want plus shopping trolleys/wheelie bins/wheelbarrows full of beer. They also like to start frying meat and chopping cucumbers in the morning for breakfast sandwiches... :sick:
Sign me up. I'm not squeemish about meat. And, at the risk of having everyone hate me, Brits are a bit weird about camping. Doubt me? See Mike Leigh's "Nuts In May". Brits can be weird!

Case in point: the US. JennyJett, if you ever fancy camping in the US, the national parks in some states (yay Massachusetts!), are very accessible. They are just lucky enough to have the space. I've gone on camping trips over the years, with friends and family who were wheel chair bound. And we had some damn good times. Every trip was a challenge, in some way, I won't lie. But (go ahead call me a hippy) there is a therapeutic quality to spending time immersed in nature, which makes it worth the while. Weather permitting, I'll be doing more British camping in the future.
"I know there is strength in the differences between us
I know there is comfort where we overlap"- Ani Difranco

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Joel E.

Postby Joel E. » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 am

p.s. If you are going to go camping in the US, do it soon, before all the state parks are closed and drilled or strip mined.
"I know there is strength in the differences between us
I know there is comfort where we overlap"- Ani Difranco

freespirit

Postby freespirit » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:10 am

p.s. If you are going to go camping in the US, do it soon, before all the state parks are closed and drilled or strip mined.
I have to admit the US state park/national forest model of camping does have some advantages. Some of the state parks have excellent but still rustic camping areas an often a shower available. And the state/nat forrest primitive camping areas can be truely theraputic. That is something which is mostly missing in the UK. However there are wild camping possibilities in the more remote areas if you want to go au natural and there are some nice private sites if you know where to find them. Of course Debbie's model of camping with a beach at hand sounds very appealing as well.

We are trying to get away for some starlit nights in the dessert next week if the temps are not too hot

xx
Katja

AbracaDebra

Postby AbracaDebra » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Of course Debbie's model of camping with a beach at hand sounds very appealing as well. We are trying to get away for some starlit nights in the dessert next week if the temps are not too hot
Well the thing is Kat is that I am a lover of the ocean. Before kids, I used to sail a lot, especially in the med, and I just love and respect the sea. Now, whilst camping, I love to hear the sea on the shore at night. It's one of the the most wonderful sounds in the world.

Having said that, one day I would love to do some wild desert or artic camping (easy to say sitting here typing I know). :oops:

Return to “Outdoors (inc pursuits, sports and exercise)”