Anyone play a musical instrument?

emnarch

Anyone play a musical instrument?

Postby emnarch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:11 am

Does anyone else here play a musical instrument? Whether it be as a beginner, or even a pro? And if not what sort of instrument would you like to play if given the chance/time/money?

I'll start off I guess. I play the Diatonic Accordion (Otherwise known as a Melodeon, a Button Accordion, Squeezbox). I mainly play English Folk music, but also a bit of Scottish, Irish, French, Cajun, German and even a little Jazz. To be honest playing the box has totally taken over my life! Oh and I build them.
I also play tin whistle (reasonbly well given I started at christmas), concertina (quite well) and Piano Accordion (just ok).

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Anyone play a musical instrument?

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 pm

i have musical equipment and can make music - does that count :)

I own a Yamaha DGX 620 piano - and its hard going been at it for years LOL
A xstation synth
and a M-Audio midi controller

but make most of my music with loops and samples on stylus rmx and omnisphere with an old copy of symphonic choirs for voices

i suppose the best musical instrument nowadays for most is something like a DAW or Live, or Reason

perhaps we could have a music thread and upload tunes to megaupload and share them?
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

emnarch

Postby emnarch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Ice Maiden wrote:i suppose the best musical instrument nowadays for most is something like a DAW or Live, or Reason

Depends what you want I think, I personally prefer live music. Plus the type of music I like (Folk, Traditional etc) is much better played live. Its also lots of fun, I mean for me there is nothing better than playing the box in a small session with some friends, all playing instruments or singing.

But in answer to your other question, yes I do think electronic equipment counts, even if its not my thing.

jaywalters

Postby jaywalters » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm a drummer. Been playing for 10 years now, since i was 12. I play everything from jazz to metal in my spare time. I'm also in a Ska Punk band. We have only been together for 2 months but we are just about ready to start playing locally.
"The trick to doing this, is to expect extreme pain." - Myke Hawke

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:27 pm

I have a copy of EZDrummer and Superior Drummer but still end up going back to my loops LOL

i used to drum in the Marine Cadets - long time ago now :) but my bugling to put it as the officer said sounded like a chinese farting contest :\ racism seemed to be ok back then :\

yeah what i like are the fact you can drum with headphones on now - if only that had been available when i was young =) i reckon i would have liked that :)))

something like a Roland TD-12KX Electronic Kit YAY!!! ;)p
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Music and Television (non trans)”