Music - first record Guilty Pleasure etc

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Music - first record Guilty Pleasure etc

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:53 am

I watched John Bishop and he raised a number of points about music

The first record or music you bought
I would add video or DVD to that too now.

Music you hate - genre - e.g rap and why

Guilty Pleasure - what music you love that youd not want others to know about :) Are you a heavy metal lover who like Justin Bieber or Barry Manilow ;) LOL
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Raven de Chylde

Re: Music - first record Guilty Pleasure etc

Postby Raven de Chylde » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 pm

My first record that I bought: Hmm I remember buying a Bing Crosby and a Glenn Miller album when I was 6 or 7 as well as some Max Bygraves and Gracie Fields
First video: It was Frankenstein (Boris Karloff version, which I still have)
First DVD: Probably something to do with wrestling
Music I Hate: Not so much a genre but I loathe music where I cannot make out the words either because the background music is too in your face or they scream and shout (ie Cradle of Filth)..plus most rap does nothing for me.
Music I Love: Classical, this speaks to my soul..especially Elgar..if you've not heard Salut d'Amour or Sospiri, I'd recommend them both.
Guilty Pleasure: Old School Music Hall...anything from the late Victorian right up to it's demise around WWII, yep I used to watch "Good Old Days" religiously.

Raven

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Good Ol Fay :) they should bring that back =) Danny La Rue took that seriously at least as drag goes
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Cassie

Postby Cassie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:07 pm

My first 45?

Squeeze - Cool for cats. Dead proud of that :cool:

Christine

Postby Christine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Having just found this topic, I'm quite sad that it's not getting a bit more love!

The first record or music you bought Oh God, that's going back a bit. Probably something by Ultravox, and not from the much more street-cred John Foxx era.
I would add video or DVD to that too now. Something goth, probably: Sisters of Mercy, Neph, All About Eve are possible candidates.

Music you hate - genre - e.g rap and why I want to say "rap" but actually I liked some of the earlier stuff like White Lines and (Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew, even if the latter is largely because of Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer's parody. :D If I had to name something, it'd be the awful, bland, manufactured cr*p that Stock, Aitken & Waterman churned out in the late '80s.

Guilty Pleasure - what music you love that youd not want others to know about :) Are you a heavy metal lover who like Justin Bieber or Barry Manilow ;) LOL It doesn't quite sink as low as messrs. Bieber or Manilow, but I love loads of cheesy pop from the '70s and early '80s. I'll happily listen to loads of Abba and Boney M, and went to the same school as John Miles, if that counts.

I'm also inclined to add:
First gig you went to and I can't remember. B*gger. The most attended band is between Hawkwind, Motorhead and Toyah (look, I fancied her when I was a spotty teen), and I feel duty bound to mention the two or three Floyd gigs just for bragging status. Though I'm aware there are people here who can probably comprehensively out-brag me.

Return to “Music and Television (non trans)”