Doctor who thread

Lairiana

Re: Doctor who thread

Postby Lairiana » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Well, it's finished. I'll try not to go into details as it's almost literally just finished and others might not have seen it yet.

Absolutely brilliant episode from what I could tell. My ear is still a bit rubbish and as such I couldn't hear it properly at times, probably didn't help that the music/atmospherics tended to be louder than the speech at times, but that could just be our TV. Will rewatch it on iPlayer later in the week :lol:

But anyways, brilliant episode. Matt Smith gave what's probably his best performance as the Doctor to date, and I was quite literally on the edge of my seat by the end of it. You know *spoiler spoiler spoiler* will happen, you know that *spoiler spoiler spoiler* isn't going to be an issue, but they still make it incredibly watchable despite how... Well, obvious it's going to be.

From what they hinted at for the next series, it looks like we'll find out more about who River Song With The Delicious Backside truly is and how she comes into the bigger picture. It's also somewhat refreshing to see that the companion(s) will stay on for the next series as it adds a sense of familiarity. OK, I'm not the biggest fan of Rory, but it adds that extra element of competing over Amy. Yeah, the Doctor backs down for him, but you can tell he still wants Amy.

My only real complaints, aside from the audio mixing, are to do with minor things. I can't help but feel that the device the Doctor uses throughout the episode is what I call a CPD - Convenient Plot Device. By that I mean it's a tool that exists only to further the plot in a specific way, and will rarely appear. The TARDIS isn't a CPD as it is rather limited in its functionalities. Yes, what it does is amazing (like time-travel, translates languages, protective barrier etc), but it rarely - if ever - has a feature that plays a part in just one situation. The Sonic Screwdriver sort of is one, but I'm moving away from the point here. I felt that device cheapened the plot a little bit as it's not been used in the previous 11 episodes, and I don't believe it featured in earlier ones.

Either way, bring on Christmas 2010. I can't wait to see where they're going with it! Oh, and I'm downloading the next Adventure game :D
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:36 am

I think again River song (my new girl crush) the character not kingston herself was awesome she really is a bloody brilliant actress the doctor again was in the bg a bit with the ensemble running around him

the device he used i think cam from the arm of Captain Jack see previous episodes its a time cop (agent) thing he took off him but i think its simplicity is that the tardis is a moving castle full of gear (and a new swimming pool) LOL :lol: and a wrist strap aint

My only concern with the episode is there is a paradox

How did he the doctor get out of the Pandorica?

This is not clear - a future self coming back and handing him the screwdriver still had to escape the pandorica somehow to be able to come back from the future?

Moffats excuse was the rules are broken all time and space is imploding and being rewitten - still doesnt explain how he got out though as to get out required a screwdriver he had inside the pandorica

silly mistake that

other than that it wasnt bad as it goes - still think Alx Kingstons as River Song is the one to watch and am very excited about her coming back again in the future shes awesome and has be very consistent since her role in Moll Flanders where she stole the show great stuff :)))

whats her secret - hmm maybe she is a transsexual and used to be captain Jack LOL - now wouldnt that be something AFTER ALL he fancied the doc and who better to know how to fly the tardis? as he has already done that pulling the earth back to our solar system remember ;)P he also understands the wrist vortex manipulator ;)))P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:42 am

Then again it could also be Rose LOL hmm cant wait to find out who she is thats the best storyline
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Millie

Postby Millie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:01 pm

whats her secret - hmm maybe she is a transsexual and used to be captain Jack LOL - now wouldnt that be something AFTER ALL he fancied the doc and who better to know how to fly the tardis? as he has already done that pulling the earth back to our solar system remember ;)P he also understands the wrist vortex manipulator ;)))P

Except they have already said that Jack is 'The face of Bo', it would be a bit silly for him to be both, plus if you know a plastic surgeon who can make John Barrowman look like Alex Kingston, can I have his number, please :D
Advancing to what?

zebra tango

Postby zebra tango » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am

My only concern with the episode is there is a paradox
Isn't there always? :P Quite enjoyable season though.

*resists urge to post tvtropes link*

Return to “Music and Television (non trans)”