Doctor who thread

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Doctor who thread

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon May 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Lost what is all the hype about - its rubbish

second is it just me but the new Doctor in Dr who is not as good as david tennant its like i am still waiting for the magic to happen but it never comes :a\

so far i just have not been carried away by the performances of matt smith - he is 'ok' but it feels more like community theatre and he needs a rocket up his Ar*e or summit?

at the age i am i have seem most of the doctors =) and this reminds me of the drop off from Tom Baker and Pertwee its like Pertwee was like chris eccleston and tennant was a bit like tom baker i mean in charisma terms

then there was the decline and i worry this is happening now with matt smith he seems very monotonous

tennant was fun and had fire in his belly matt is more of an ensemble player he is like the chorus line and not the star he is like part of a team of three rather than 'the one' with two assistants

also i dont know why there was so much hostility to russel t when he revived a fabulous show from the days of rubber suits and bad haircuts in creates the bbcs best show - the weeping angles of moffat - seen them move on what was that all about talk about flogging a dead horse

the new daleks i feel maybe something of a marketing ploy to sell toys for christmas rather than appeal to scifi fans

matt needs some sugar and a kick up the Ar*e and then he will be ok but a bow tie on a guy maketh a doctor not :)

IM
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Millie

Re: Lost i just dont get it and Doctor who thread

Postby Millie » Mon May 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Too much flogging a dead horse to be honest, time for some new bad guys. Matt Smith is okay but could do better. I haven't watched it for a couple of weeks so it's not really gripping me.
Advancing to what?

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Thu May 20, 2010 1:26 pm

I think Matt Smith is great. If you're expecting him to be Tennant, then he won't be good in your eyes. He does take some aspects of Tennant's Doctor, I agree, but he's different. Much more... Light hearted, I think. The latest episode had me laughing quite a bit.

This is the only series in a while that's had me watching every episode on iPlayer.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri May 21, 2010 8:53 am

i dont dislike him but i am struggling to 'believe' in him - trust me i want to

as i said he is an ensemble player and the doctor should not be that they are the main man numero uno not metrosexuals or ensemble players

its like 3 doctors atm or 2 assistants and a doctor knocking about in the bg somewhere

matt come to the front push amy outta the way and take control for goodness sake this new doc is a bit of a sap really

one of the most moving scenes in recent years was the moment that chris eccleston took the hand of Billie piper and said i can feel the spin of the earth thats how cool and in tune the doc should be

not some marauding sap in a bow tie that just looked as if he has borrowed his mums sonic screwdriver and pi**ed his pants jeez

time will tell but tbh i and just not buying it atm tennant and ecclestone i felt were beliveable as timelords i mean if it were real and they turned up youd believe it - matt i think where is your dad? LOL :lol:

it must be tough for him i mean big acts to follow over the years but 'the doctor who' is a national treasure and i think looking back that russel t and the others simply had the edge i am yet to see different - i hope he settles into the part but i get the feeling he is going to remain part of a quango time lord group rather than a leader he clearly should be

all i can compare this thinking too is like hiring david beckham for the role - hed probably be better and thats worrying LOL - youth is ok but a time lord just needs to be a bit older i think as a kid the age was important -the younger the doc the more of a clown they seem to be the older the docs the more sincere they are and the likes of mccoy etc back then began the end of the format it was at its peak with pertwee and baker and baker was a bit of a clown but his voice and acting ability sold the rubber suits to day when you compare those guys to the new doc you can see matt would not even be the tea boy on set let alone the doctor
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Fri May 21, 2010 7:43 pm

But the show was different back then, it's almost as if the reboot starting with Chris Ecclestone was a new show completely.

I think, in a way, Matt Smith's "youthfulness" is part of why his Doctor is so great. You expect him to be naive, a bit thick and maybe a bit childish, but he comes out with these extremely mature mannerisms and phrases quite often. I don't think he's the best, but I rate him a lot more than Chris E.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Return to “Music and Television (non trans)”