Doctor who thread

Lairiana

Re: Doctor who thread

Postby Lairiana » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Well, one more to go (I think).

Nooooooooo :cry:
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 am

then its back to David Tennant reruns agin X)P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Nooooo,
Now it's actually only one more to go. :cry:
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:57 am

i am not 'feeling' matt unfortunately

doctor who is now like 'doctors who'

he is like in the chorus rather than the lead

I find River Song a better doctor tbh :) and perhaps if it had been written better she could have been the new doctor - she is just a better actor period and you only have to watch last weeks show to see just how good she is and how she outshines Matt she is totally believable and takes you on the journey he just seems like some prefect who is being a bit of a scamp - he would maybe have been good as an assistant to river but not as the lead

in actual fact last weeks show he was her costar not the other way around and somewhere in that is amy who is another ensemble player i just think matt needs a few more years before he will fit the role properly

one look back at the doctors that have gone before you would have seen impressive performances surrounded by rubber suited aliens yet those performances carried all the weaknesses of the technology and made you believe them

an alien threatened by matt smith to me is laughable - the only reason that the aliens are scared is because he shows them a flashback to all the really good actors that did scare them ;) :) :lol:
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:28 am

I think Matt Smith is... Hm. Bad position, really. He has a lot to live up to, and he was relatively (if not wholly) unknown at the time he took up the mantle of The Doctor. I think he's taken what made Tennant's Doctor fun and sort of extrapolated it. The way he looks, dresses and behaves makes me think of someone who's trying perhaps too hard to be human, and whilst it suits him, does it suit the Doctor? Perhaps - Just look at Peter Davison's Doctor, and perhaps Tom Baker's too - and I do think it adds to his charm. Bow ties? Tweed? Very... English!

I think some of the problems, such as his behaviour in The Lodger with James Oh-God-Not-Him-Again, are perhaps more down to the script writers than they are Matt, although perhaps he could have picked up on them. I don't know why the Doctor acted like he did in that episode, and it does strike me as a bit of a lapse on the side of the writing team.

But Alex Kingston? Rawr. :D She's lookin' f-i-n-e and she's a very good actress, but you have to remember she's likely one of the more experienced people seen this series. She had a long stint on ER along with a few other "big name" shows, and I think it's that which helps her performance. I don't know if she'd be a good Doctor, or if indeed she could ever be a Doctor (each progression, bar one so far, gets younger - not to mention it might not be possible for the Doctor to regenerate as female) but I wouldn't mind an "alternate" episode or even a River Song series. I'm missing out on a lot of information about her, though, so I'm not too sure who or what she is.

Unless the next few seasons he do are amazing, I don't think he'll ever be the greatest Doctor. He's come straight after Tennant's stellar performance and Tom Baker's run is still tipped as one of the best, if not the best, and I think that's working against Smith. But for his first series? I think he's done absolutely brilliantly.

Return to “Music and Television (non trans)”