Doctor who thread

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Doctor who thread

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:45 am

whats her secret - hmm maybe she is a transsexual and used to be captain Jack LOL - now wouldnt that be something AFTER ALL he fancied the doc and who better to know how to fly the tardis? as he has already done that pulling the earth back to our solar system remember ;)P he also understands the wrist vortex manipulator ;)))P

Except they have already said that Jack is 'The face of Bo', it would be a bit silly for him to be both, plus if you know a plastic surgeon who can make John Barrowman look like Alex Kingston, can I have his number, please :D
:lol: YEAH BUT hte face of bo doesnt exactly look and sound like captain jack now does he :P

hes been around for eternity surely at some point hed want to be a woman it makes perfect sense LOL AND HE/she would know all the doctors secrets through time not yet lived by him ;)P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Season 6 Part 2 Episode 1.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

What a terrible waste of 50 minutes.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

NW_Nikki

Postby NW_Nikki » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Season 6 Part 2 Episode 1.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

What a terrible waste of 50 minutes.

I am sensing you really don't like this series of Doctor Who! :-)

To be honest I am absolutely loving it! I think the way it twists and turns is brilliant and the story lines are great. The weakest one so far was the Night Terrors, but I can accept the occasional poor episode if the rest are up to standard.

I think to really get the most out of watching this new series, you need to have a good understanding of how time travel could work. I think Doc Brown in Back to the future explained time lines the best and when you start applying the different ways time could be altered, then the stories become easier to understand. I think lateral thinking is also needed for this series.

I was always a huge fan of David Tennant, but Matt Smith has really grown on me as the Doctor. I think the supporting cast have been fantastic throughout all of the new Who's, right back from when Eccleston took the role. The character of River Song has given the series a whole new dimension in the way Captain Jack did in the earlier series. In fact, I would love to see a River Song spin off series! I think that would be amazing if it was done right!

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:57 pm

The first episode had a lot of promise, but descended into utterly ridiculous plotting and was just a complete waste of an hour. "Let's Kill Hitler!"? Uh, more like "Let's put Herr Hitler in a closet and forget about him".

Second episode was an improvement, but the plotholes are big enough to park a fully-functioning TARDIS in.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

NW_Nikki

Postby NW_Nikki » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

I think the problem most people have had with Lets Kill Hitler, is that they were all expecting the episode to be about Hitler!

The title of the episode comes from what Mel (soon to be River Song) says to the Doctor as she hijacks the Tardis.

If you consider that Melody Pond was trained by the Silence to kill the Doctor, then it makes sense that she would be around Amy and Rory throughout their lives as they would eventually be with the Doctor.
When she commented about the last time she regenerated, she said it was into a toddler when she was in New York. If you consider the silence were probably guiding what happened to her and also the fact we haven't yet learned much about the eye patch lady it would be very easy for them to have settled her into the area where Amy and Rory lived making it simple for her to grow up along side them.

The regeneration in to River Song made perfect sense and it was a great way to explain the first time that "River" met the Doctor. Giving the Doctor all her regenerations for him to live, was also a good way to explain how she died in the library and did not regenerate. There is still more to learn yet, because the Doctor has not yet give her a sonic screwdriver of her own, but he has given her the book that she uses to record all her meetings with him. There is also the question of who the "good man" is that she kills. Personally, I think that it's Rory who she kills and not the Doctor, but that's just another idea I have had.

I suppose like a lot of things in life, its all to do with personal preference regarding the various story lines.
I know a lot of people seem to be intent on criticising this new series, a lot seem to criticise Matt Smith as well, but for me, I am loving it.

Return to “Music and Television (non trans)”