recipes

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: recipes

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:13 pm

My Great Gran (died aged 96) had a pasty shop on the Plymouth Barbican at the turn of the century (born in 1886

Her Pasties were always Meat (beef pieces) Potato (cubed) Onion chopped and pastry with lard butter mix (shortcrust).

Plenty of pepper and a pinch of salt before you close the pasty.

Bake until brown done eggwash optional.

Best paties - swede just makes them sweet and is a Cornish alteration they are far to wet but the pasty argument will go on forever ;)P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

jenh

Re: recipes

Postby jenh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:42 pm

I know the Cornish Pasty has PGI status from the EU, but to be honest, a pasty is a pasty. The bickering between Cornwall and Devon is a bit amusing. I do prefer side-crimped though, I like peeling back the top to smother in brown sauce [yesss]. I used to love curry pasties to. I make Cornish Pasties quite frequently and they do make for a filling meal on their own.

Try a breakfast pasty, filled with egg, bacon and beans ;)

Return to “Home and Garden (inc pets,DIY,cooking, Cars and Vehicles etc)”