What are you reading at the moment?

Lairiana

Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Postby Lairiana » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Nearing the end of Pratchett's The Fifth Elephant now, and it's pretty good. Once I've finished it I'll be going straight into Night Watch, and then from then on I'm alternating between Moist Von Lipwig books and City Watch. They're hardback, though, so I won't be taking them to work (Combined with the fact they're my nan's books, not mine).

That leaves me with a paperback to read. Hm. I don't know what, I might have to roll a dice! :p
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

evelyn

Postby evelyn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Forum's :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Finished The Fifth Elephant - Not the strongest, not the weakest. Wasn't bowled over by it, though.

So, that means my current reading list is:
Night Watch - Sir Terry Pratchett
The Demon King - Cinda Williams Chima
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Kelly

Postby Kelly » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Nearly finished Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion" .... heavy going at times but a fascinating read.

Recently finished "The Dice Man" by Luke Rhinehart which I found to be entertaining,humorous,scarey and subversive. The other book I would recommend is "Marching Powder" by Rusty Young. This book is a true account of life in the infamous San Pedro prison in Bolivia where drug smugglers live behind the walls with their loved ones and have to PAY the authorities for their "board and lodgings" as well as for their loved ones.

Kelly

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:59 am

Just finished reading Phantoms by Dean Koontz. Really enjoyed it :thumbup:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantoms_%28novel%29

I've just started reading The Holocaust: The Jewish Tragedy by Martin Gilbert again.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holocaust-Jewis ... 0006371949

I read it when I was younger but didn't understand much of it so decided to read it again. It is a very good and educational book and in my opinion should be taught as part of the national curriculum. Very many lessons on life, tolerance and understanding can be learnt within the pages of this book and neither of my kids knew anything about the Holocaust before I moved in. I think it is important that the younger generation are taught about this. Please remember that this is just in my opinion.

My choice of reading does vary wildly by the way as you can see by these latest two choices :lol:

John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Return to “Social Chit Chat”