Moahahaha

David Gemmel

Chronicles of Druss

Lynn
Lynn

Feel free to mail me at: lineek@hotmail.co.uk
Skype is: Laniathiel

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Hormone Database

Lairiana

Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Postby Lairiana » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:44 am

The Lost Fleet: Courageous. I do half a Lost Fleet book in a day, which means I'm flying through them. Currently on Book 3 (I'd love to be further but I had a short break from them), which I'll finish today, and I'll be straight onto Book 4 (The Lost Fleet: Valiant) tomorrow. And then it's a case of waiting for payday so I can order the final two books...
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Joel E.

Postby Joel E. » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:11 pm

I am re-reading "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues" by Tom Robbins. The first time I read it I was about 14 y.o. and I thought it was pure genius. Some of the things I liked at that age don't stand the test of time. This book does.
"I know there is strength in the differences between us
I know there is comfort where we overlap"- Ani Difranco

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:51 pm

I quite like this series. It's a comforting read, I guess. This one has jumped ahead quite a bit, and I've largely forgotten the previous two (Despite having read both within the past six months! That's my memory for you), but it's never been much of a problem. It's politically and economically charged, so it's not exactly light reading. Oh, and I have 300 page books which take up more room on my shelf than this one, which is about 600 or so pages long.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

snowdoggy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby snowdoggy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm reading "All She Ever Wanted" by Patrick Redmond at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Ever-Wanted ... 0743430298

I have read all of the books he has published so far (I think it is 4 in total) and although nothing ever seems to happen in his books I have found I can't put them down once I have started. My GF loves his books too.

I think it is probably classed as a psychological thriller but so far it has only been psychological. Still I keep reading, certain in the knowledge that something is bound to happen soon... or not, as the case may be.

Even if nothing does happen I have thoroughly enjoyed the book up until now :thumbup:

John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Return to “Social Chit Chat”