What are you reading at the moment?

jaketspudd

Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Postby jaketspudd » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:51 am

graphic novels are the best thing since sliced bread..... i think : )
sin city is always a great read
watchman again is a must to read-not everyones 'cup of tea'

novels to try ......
the walking dead series (zombies)
preacher series (a must)
the boys ..... very funny & adult humor
the darkness and or witchblade series - great

just to name a few

there are some great manga graphic novels also :)

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:37 am

Lairiana,

Hope I didn't offend you by my comments on "Watchmen"- the movie. I haven't tried the graphic novel. There were moments of humour that I liked in the film. Maybe I should try the graphic novel? I used to love Marvel Comics when I was a kid, but then I seem to have missed the whole 'graphic novel' genre. I did really enjoy the film Sin City, though. And "V for Vendetta," and people keep telling me I should read them. Maybe I should do a session of graphic novels. I tend to read books in clumps.

TC,
Joel
No offense was taken. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and I think Watchmen is one of those things that's adored in the comic circle so if someone comes along and tries to make a movie, some people will always dislike it.

As for trying to graphic novel? Go for it. It's not that expensive, it's huge and it's still relevant. The artwork is a bit... dated now, but a lot of the themes and content are still relevant today. It does go into more depth than the film did, but I think one thing the film had going for it was the tone and the atmosphere. Shouldn't take you more than an evening or two to get through. Certainly one of the "Must Read" books out there, graphic novel or otherwise. Oh, and you'll be seeing a lot of Dr Manhattan Jr in it :roll:

As for V for Vendetta, I've only read one issue and as such my opinion isn't really that valid. One of the graphic novels I've been meaning to get at some point in the future.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:46 am

Today I am mostly reading my course book - gotta finish an assignment for the part-time course I'm doing by Tuesday. And when I say finish, I mean start and finish. EEK!

troodles4

Postby troodles4 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:27 pm

"The last hero"
By Terry Pratchett
Hilarious disc world.
Trudy

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 pm

I spent last night reading some Poe.

"Quoth the raven, "Nevermore." "
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Return to “Social Chit Chat”