Starting T: how to keep my job?

FTM transmen issues.
Spotofpaint

Starting T: how to keep my job?

Postby Spotofpaint » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:52 am

Hi everyone. I'm brand new here and this is my first post. I joined the forum expressly to ask other trans guys about this. I'm REALLY hoping you guys have had experiences and advice that will help me out here.

So, I've only recently (about 6 months ago) have been able to accept that I'm full on trans ftm, and not just a cross dressing lesbian, or gender fluid, or whatever other terms I've cycled through over the years. After finally accepting it, I've also come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to start taking some steps toward transitioning or I'm not going to have a happy life. The dysphoria is starting to affect my work, and I've had to call out sick on a few rare occasions because of it. So here's the deal:

I'm looking for a therapist to help me start out (Anyone in the Atlanta GA area who has a recommendation, please let me know.) But I've also decided I really need T. Like big time. Working out until I'm nearly dead isn't cutting it anymore. Building muscle is next to impossible for me. I've gained some weight, but not much. I'm still only 100lbs soaking wet. Anyway, back to the point of this thread.

I have a job that I love. I've been at it for three years. I have great coworker relations and I'm damned good at what I do. I've gotten several raises and lots of praise from management. I believe I'm quite indispensable to them. BUT I already know management isn't completely LGBT friendly. They accept that I have a wife, and are civil about that, but when I try to tlak LGBT issues at work it's frowned upon. So...

...how do I keep my job when I start transitioning? Right now my best idea is to go to management, sit down with them, explain what's going on and take a leave of absence (maybe three months?) Then come back with y new name, pronouns and T developing body. This is assuming they don't fire me when I tell them I'm transitioning. I'd REALLY like some life experiences from guys who've done this, or advice from guys who've tried to keep their jobs while transitioning. Anything would be helpful. I just want to hear what's happened to other guys like me before I dive head first into this, which I'll be doing as soon as I find a therapist I like.

I know this was long. Thanks for reading.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Return to “General”