LOWER SURGERY

FTM transmen issues.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: LOWER SURGERY

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Funding is handled by your local health authority.

They are now known as 'Clinical Commissioning Group' when you applied it may have been called a Primary Care Trust.

Here are some links I have pulled off the net but a simple search of
"IFR COORDINATOR CLINICAL COMMISSIONING GROUP [ENTER AREA OR REGION]" Should help you come to terms with the general way things are done.

http://www.centrallondonccg.nhs.uk/medi ... 013-14.pdf
http://www.centrallondonccg.nhs.uk/medi ... 1.2013.pdf

What you are asking is almost impossible to answer in a forum like this. As areas have different priorities/budgets/ and sadly opinions (prejudice).

My gut feeling is if you have already had funding approved for a treatment. Then if you basically delay that and that money is not spent it may well be returned to the funding panel as unused and go back into the coffers. What you are talking about is not a couple hundred quid it is worth the paperwork to get it back. They also run from April to April as a rule (Financial Year).

Also it might land you in hot water if you are seen to lessen the value of this treatment.

Funding bodies when they come around to rubber stamping your application again in future may get cold feet and 'accidentally put you application to the bottom of the pile'. They are not a bottomless pit and if there is a choice between you and a 12 year old kid needing life saving surgery they are going to lean in that direction.

My view is if you have the funds, you are in good health. Then do everything you can even if you have to rent a bedsit opposite the hospital and get your treatment now rather than later as the way things are going it may not be there in future!

Don't give them an excuse to not fund you because if they even get a sniff of this you might be high and dry!

So your question reads,
"I was asking if the NHS can withdraw the funding that they've already approved for my lower surgery, as in do they have the right to take back their funding offer if I haven't completed the surgery within a set period (or for any other reasons), and ask me to get re-reviewed by a psych and then to re-apply for the funding? "
Yes this is perfectly possible. Although the problem here is less likely to be a Gender Clinic issue as they have already signed you off to surgeons. But the surgeon may wonder if you are stalling and hand you back to be reassessed as if you were keen you would get it done unless there is a MAJOR reason why you can't. Family death, you having a car accident and so on... Gap years, holidays, and so on are flaky reasons to me... Exams falling on the surgery date mean they may change the date if given sufficient notice. But what you are asking is a massive bureaucratic delay at almost every level and I would be concerned for you if you stall really.

Sorry, but again trans care is a Cinderella service and you may not get another chance to be in this position.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Adamkash

Postby Adamkash » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello! I am fairly new here, I have read a few posts so far about bottom surgery but I dont seem to fine what I need. I am having surgery with Dr Christopher in a few months, and although I was fairly confident when I first met him, after the second meeting it left me weary a little.
First meeting he mentioned that he was going to take the skin from forearm, the not so hairy part, which I was cool with,but in the second meeting I saw hairy penises! Which really confused me and I asked why, his answer was lokr "they were just lazy to shave" so it turned out that they dont just take the not so hairy part of the arm but most of the forearm! Most men have hairy arms, so I font understand how something like this was left out of the conversation? And lazy to shave?? Who is expected to shave their penis? What about the stubble?
I would really appreciate some advice on this subject. Also has anyone been through or told this before? Thanks
Adam

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:51 am

Hello! I am fairly new here, I have read a few posts so far about bottom surgery but I dont seem to fine what I need. I am having surgery with Dr Christopher in a few months, and although I was fairly confident when I first met him, after the second meeting it left me weary a little.
First meeting he mentioned that he was going to take the skin from forearm, the not so hairy part, which I was cool with,but in the second meeting I saw hairy penises! Which really confused me and I asked why, his answer was lokr "they were just lazy to shave" so it turned out that they dont just take the not so hairy part of the arm but most of the forearm! Most men have hairy arms, so I font understand how something like this was left out of the conversation? And lazy to shave?? Who is expected to shave their penis? What about the stubble?
I would really appreciate some advice on this subject. Also has anyone been through or told this before? Thanks
Adam
Hi Adam and welcome to forum,

I had my phallo with Mr Christopher. They do take the graft for the phallo from the less hairy side of your forearm but to get a decent girth some of the hairier part is sometimes required.

I will presume you are already on T as is usually the case by the phallo stage as most guys have been taking it for a for a while before either upper or lower surgery. Things may have changed from my experience though. If your forearms are hairy and the thought of shaving your penis bothers you I would advise you to have electrolysis before surgery. The graft they took from my buttock to transfer to my (left) forearm is unbelievably hairy now, much hairier than my right arm but my phallo isn't too bad, it isn't visible with me being a ginger and luckily my body hair is mostly blonde so not that noticeable.

Some ftms I know do need to shave their penis after surgery. It can get quite hairy with some people and the darker your hair colour the worse it looks.

If this may turn out to be a major issue for you you really should discuss this with Mr. Christopher prior to surgery. He may be able to recommend someone who can remove the hair from your forearm before surgery. You should really be talking to him about this (as well as) posting on a forum but to be honest I know where you're coming from. You worry he may think you are an idiot for asking. You're not. All these (what you may believe to be) worries prior to surgery need to be addressed before you go under the knife.

Trust me, I have been through my various lower surgeries with him and as far as surgeons go, he is a very approachable and decent bloke.

Keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Take care
John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Adamkash

Postby Adamkash » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Hey John, thanks for replying.

If stubble didnt exsit, shaving would have been no problem whatsoever. I mean when he did tell me that I was going to have to shave, I was fine with it, until I left and actually thought about it.

He is a very nice guy, I have met him twice so far and he has been really nice and patient with my questions, I just dont understand how he left that little detail out? I only realised this problem because I asked, and I happen to ask because one the penis pictures he had was hairy.

My first appointment with him was the 2nd of February, and when we talked, I have showed an interest in using the leg as a donor site, but he said I would have to wait 8 months for hair removal. Although I liked the fact that I could hide my scars and use the leg, I didnt want to wait that long, so we have decided to use the arm. Which is hairy, but I was given the impression that we are using the inside of the forearm which is not hairy.
Do you see what I mean here? My surgery is in at least 4 months, that means they have made me wait nearly a year already, but not only that, but if I dont want to have stubble on my penis, then am goin to have to wait another 8 months to get it sorted. I dont understand why he didnt explain that I would have the same issue with my arm, I would have been on a hair removal program or something. You probably can sense the frustration here, and what is more frustrating is, he is in London and I live in Glasgow, so communication is very hard.
I feel puzzled and I really dont know whether I should just have the hairy penis and get over it or wait another year.

On the plus side tho, I appreciate that your still on this fourm, because you went for the type of surgery that I am.not very comfortable having, and I am really interested to know the results? Are sensations okay? Is your arm back to normal now? I have also read somewhere you were starting your blog or something, do you still have it?

Thanks a lot

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:27 pm

I don't think the hair issue was mentioned to me by Mr. C prior to surgery either. I only found out by talking to post phallo guys.

They do use the none hairy side the arm mainly but will also harvest some from the hairy side.I only have a strip 2cm wide that they haven't harvested any skin from. Some of it depends on the thickness of your forearm. My arm has healed really well though. I am pleased with it. I think with me being fairly light skinned the scarring doesn't show as much.

I have hair on my phallo but with it being blonde it is barely visible. I have never felt the need to shave it as of yet. I think it is possible to have the hair removed after surgery actually but don't know anyone who has done this. It could be an option if you don't want to delay your surgery any further.

London to Glasgow is a long distance. I thought it was bad for me going from Yorkshire to London. I actually had all my surgeries at Slough rather than in London as we travelled by car and it's better for parking. I have heard if you go by train it is better to have your surgeries at London. Although communication wise it doesn't matter how far from London you are if you communicate by phone or email :lol:

My sensation in the phallo is excellent now but it has taken many years to fully develop. In the early days I had little to no sensation. I have to be careful what I say on here and try not to make what I say sound sexual so it isn't easy to describe. The rules have changed since I first joined the forum.

My arm is as good now as it was before the surgery but as with the sensation in the phallo to start with you do lose a lot of mobility. Just need to keep doing the exercises they advise (painful to start with) and you should get nearly 100% function back. Having said that some guys don't get full mobility back. I did have some complications but have mostly been very lucky and am very happy with my results.

Yes, my blog is still on here. I have a very old one somewhere (on the old forum I think) which I don't think is available anymore but here is a link to my most recent one:-
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=137#.VaaF6_lViko
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Return to “General”