New guy from Yorkshire UK!

FTM transmen issues.
hyenacake
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:07 pm

New guy from Yorkshire UK!

Postby hyenacake » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi I have just joined the forum, I am FTM, aged 31 and started hormones when I was 19, had surgery in early twenties and now next month I am having my final operation, a metoidioplasty by Mr Christopher in the Slough hospital.

I joined as I would like to hear from others who have had meta or have been to this hospital as advice and info would be really useful to me. Send me a message or reply here!

I am having the meta (without urethal) done first, then testes implanted in a few months.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

User avatar
snowdoggy
Premium Member
Premium Member
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: New guy from Yorkshire UK!

Postby snowdoggy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:45 am

Hi and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I'm 43 years old now. I started T in my mid to late thirties and have also had chest surgery.

I had my lower surgery at the Slough hospital with Mr. Christopher but I had the Radial Forearm Flap Phalloplasty with urethral lengthening and erectile device.

Although I had a different type of surgery to what you are opting for, if there is anything specific you need to know please feel free to ask either on this thread or via pm.

Take care
John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Josh92
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: New guy from Yorkshire UK!

Postby Josh92 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:02 pm

snowdoggy wrote:Hi and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I'm 43 years old now. I started T in my mid to late thirties and have also had chest surgery.

I had my lower surgery at the Slough hospital with Mr. Christopher but I had the Radial Forearm Flap Phalloplasty with urethral lengthening and erectile device.

Although I had a different type of surgery to what you are opting for, if there is anything specific you need to know please feel free to ask either on this thread or via pm.

Take care
John



Hi I am new to this forum and joined because I noticed that you have had phalloplasty with Nim Christopher. I too will be having radial forearm phalloplasty with him in a few months and am desperate to speak to someone who has had this done by him.

What I really am desperate to know is... What is your arm like afterwards? I mean, can you say, make a fist and do things normally once the swelling had gone down? I am expecting it to be swollen like a balloon afterwards but am concerned because I weightlift and want to know if I will still be able to grip a dumbbell. Nim said that I will be able to work my strength back up, but does he mean because my muscles will shrink when I am not working out from recovery or because of the nerve damage, I will have to learn everything again?

Also, did you find Slough hospital nice?! Where the staff good to you? Am I correct in thinking that I will be in my own room because of the nature of the operation?

Thanks Josh.

User avatar
snowdoggy
Premium Member
Premium Member
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: New guy from Yorkshire UK!

Postby snowdoggy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Josh92 wrote:
snowdoggy wrote:Hi and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I'm 43 years old now. I started T in my mid to late thirties and have also had chest surgery.

I had my lower surgery at the Slough hospital with Mr. Christopher but I had the Radial Forearm Flap Phalloplasty with urethral lengthening and erectile device.

Although I had a different type of surgery to what you are opting for, if there is anything specific you need to know please feel free to ask either on this thread or via pm.

Take care
John



Hi I am new to this forum and joined because I noticed that you have had phalloplasty with Nim Christopher. I too will be having radial forearm phalloplasty with him in a few months and am desperate to speak to someone who has had this done by him.

What I really am desperate to know is... What is your arm like afterwards? I mean, can you say, make a fist and do things normally once the swelling had gone down? I am expecting it to be swollen like a balloon afterwards but am concerned because I weightlift and want to know if I will still be able to grip a dumbbell. Nim said that I will be able to work my strength back up, but does he mean because my muscles will shrink when I am not working out from recovery or because of the nerve damage, I will have to learn everything again?

Also, did you find Slough hospital nice?! Where the staff good to you? Am I correct in thinking that I will be in my own room because of the nature of the operation?

Thanks Josh.


Hi Josh,

After the surgery I did have some limitations on how I could move my wrist. I could make a fist but couldn't bend from the wrist forwards very much at all. It was very frightening at the time but I followed the exercises I was told to do and there is little difference at all between how it was before surgery now. As far as lifting goes my donor arm is also as strong as my non-donor arm now. My job is quite physical and I haven't experienced any problems lifting and shifting from the donor arm at all. You obviously won't be able to use weights for a while after the surgery anyway until it's fully healed. I was using a multi-gym both before and after surgery but since moving house I sold it because of lack of room.

I liked Slough hospital but have been told by many guys that the one in London is much better. I only had experience of Leicester Royal, where I had my chest surgery before then, and Slough was way better that that. Most of the staff were very nice with one or two exceptions. Other guys have also told me they had run ins with one nurse particularly but luckily they work shifts so they move about and she may not even be there any more now as I have my surgery awhile back now.

You have your own en-suite room and television and the food is very good. You can also have visitors all day as there are no set visiting hours. Or at least there wasn't when I was there. My missus came first thing in the morning and stayed there until 10pm. She also ate her meals with me but you will get billed for any meals later that guests eat but they weren't expensive. Overall the whole experience was very good with the exception of that one member of staff, who I found if you barked back at, she backed off ;)

Take care
John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.


Josh92
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: New guy from Yorkshire UK!

Postby Josh92 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:44 pm

snowdoggy wrote:
Josh92 wrote:
snowdoggy wrote:Hi and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I'm 43 years old now. I started T in my mid to late thirties and have also had chest surgery.

I had my lower surgery at the Slough hospital with Mr. Christopher but I had the Radial Forearm Flap Phalloplasty with urethral lengthening and erectile device.

Although I had a different type of surgery to what you are opting for, if there is anything specific you need to know please feel free to ask either on this thread or via pm.

Take care
John



Hi I am new to this forum and joined because I noticed that you have had phalloplasty with Nim Christopher. I too will be having radial forearm phalloplasty with him in a few months and am desperate to speak to someone who has had this done by him.

What I really am desperate to know is... What is your arm like afterwards? I mean, can you say, make a fist and do things normally once the swelling had gone down? I am expecting it to be swollen like a balloon afterwards but am concerned because I weightlift and want to know if I will still be able to grip a dumbbell. Nim said that I will be able to work my strength back up, but does he mean because my muscles will shrink when I am not working out from recovery or because of the nerve damage, I will have to learn everything again?

Also, did you find Slough hospital nice?! Where the staff good to you? Am I correct in thinking that I will be in my own room because of the nature of the operation?

Thanks Josh.


Hi Josh,

After the surgery I did have some limitations on how I could move my wrist. I could make a fist but couldn't bend from the wrist forwards very much at all. It was very frightening at the time but I followed the exercises I was told to do and there is little difference at all between how it was before surgery now. As far as lifting goes my donor arm is also as strong as my non-donor arm now. My job is quite physical and I haven't experienced any problems lifting and shifting from the donor arm at all. You obviously won't be able to use weights for a while after the surgery anyway until it's fully healed. I was using a multi-gym both before and after surgery but since moving house I sold it because of lack of room.

I liked Slough hospital but have been told by many guys that the one in London is much better. I only had experience of Leicester Royal, where I had my chest surgery before then, and Slough was way better that that. Most of the staff were very nice with one or two exceptions. Other guys have also told me they had run ins with one nurse particularly but luckily they work shifts so they move about and she may not even be there any more now as I have my surgery awhile back now.

You have your own en-suite room and television and the food is very good. You can also have visitors all day as there are no set visiting hours. Or at least there wasn't when I was there. My missus came first thing in the morning and stayed there until 10pm. She also ate her meals with me but you will get billed for any meals later that guests eat but they weren't expensive. Overall the whole experience was very good with the exception of that one member of staff, who I found if you barked back at, she backed off ;)

Take care
John


Thanks, it's really great to find out some inside information! I think it is very good that your partner could visit whenever. Because we live in Cornwall, we were debating the visiting arrangements.

Was the nurse, a bit inexperienced with trans people do you think? Or just generally miserable?!

At the hospital was the parking expensive? Nim said the hospital is in the middle of nowhere so I think we will be driving!

Without being crude, did you have a catheter in to your bladder as well as the one holding your new urethra open? Or were you allowed to get up and go to the bathroom when you wanted to?

Thanks, Josh



Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

;