Page 1 of 22


Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:55 am
by thefishkeeper
Any thing to do with the subject of top surgery.

You can post links of photos if you wish.

So if you have any questions, any at all just ask.



Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:35 pm
by xXSethXx
Hi all, I am new on this forum and I hope I can find some people that would like to give me some information about top surgery in the UK.

I am actually doing this for my brother Zack, I'd like to help out with his problem, he has Gender Dysphoria, means he was born as the wrong gender, in the body of a girl.
But I call him my brother because that’s how I always saw him and accepted, he’s going through a rough depression at the moment, and I'd like to help him, I know i can't do much but I'm doing whatever it takes

I was wondering if anyone could give me information on how to get a double mastectomy in the UK, like good doctors and all.
I know he can get it by the NHS for free, but the waiting is too long, and my brother Zack can't cope with waiting anymore, so I know he could get it private, It costs more but yeh, I’m also wondering how long he would have to wait when he makes an appointment for a private treatment, what the price would be, and what doctor would be good to give the treatment.

I would really appreciate information for this, because all I want to do is help my brother and give him good news so I can see him smile again :)
(sorry if this message is so long)


Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 pm
by Cassie
Welcome to the forum Seth!

I'm sorry I can't help with your query as i'm MtF but i'm sure one of the lads will be able to give you some info. I think it's brilliant that you want to help him in this way. Good luck with everything and I hope your bro is smiling again soon!


Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:32 am
by eclipse
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that your brother isn't doing so well but it's great that you're so supportive :)

I've not had top surgery myself, but I know that the best surgeon for it in the UK is Dai Davies. He is based in London and Cardiff I believe. You can google him lol. I'm afraid I can't give an estimate of the price, but maybe there are some guys here who've been through the private route and can give you more info and better advice.

Hope it all works out well for you both!



Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:05 pm
by thefishkeeper

I understand that your brother may be shy but it would be good if he came on the Zone and talked to the other FTM;s that post here. You may have seen that this is our new sight so a lot of the information that he could have looked at is on the older forums.

Any way no matter what route he takes he must have seen a gender psychiatrist, a psychiatrist at least no surgeon will operate on any one with out a letter from one. Not only will this ensure that the person who requires the operation is not only of sound mind but has a true understanding what it really means. Yes the NHS can take a long time, as many on these forums can testify but at least they are getting the right help they are asking for.

You could suggest that he see a chap called Ricard Curtis he is private ( and will/can help, but again it's not that quick. He normally needs a letter from the GP.

Perhaps your brother can go with you to your GP and get the ball started?

It would be good if your brother did start a blog and talk about his troubles, again as many have done here before. We're here to not only help with advise but have a good ear too.

I know that this may not be the answer he was looking for but at least there is an insight to what he can do.