TOP SURGERY

FTM transmen issues.
snowdoggy

Re: TOP SURGERY

Postby snowdoggy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 am

Hi Firebird and welcome to the forum :wave:

The only things I can recommend that is important for top surgery that may not be mentioned on the link you have posted is to make sure you pack clothing for your upper body that button up from the front. Nothing that requires you to lift you arms.

After upper surgery you mustn’t raise your arms above chest height so shirts and pyjamas that require you to do that are a no-no. I call them “old mens pjs” even though I am now becoming an old man myself :lol:

Other than this pack for hospital much the same as you are going away on holiday. Toiletries, toothbrush etc. and maybe pack some decent toilet rolls if possible as I have found in some hospitals the toilet roll is dreadful but that may just be me :shifty:

I would also suggest, if possible packing something to pass the time, ie. books and/or a DS etc. You will spend some time after your op laying around in bed and it can become very boring.

Hope this helps.

Take care
John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

chucktaylors

Postby chucktaylors » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:58 am

Hi guys Ive just had the fourth stage of my chest reconstruction which involved further liposuction. Wow I cant believe how it looks now almost flat which Im happy with as gm chests are not completely flat after all. I saw Mr Kneeshaw this morn and he was really pleased and said I will need one more benelli chest lift to to tighten everything up and a bit more off the areoli. He may latet do the nipples but latet to reduce the risk of nipple death. Feel free to ask me any questions and when its settlef ill try post some pics... Felix :-)
Can I ask why on earth you had to have top surgery in 4 stages? What are the advantages of this? Most people only have one stage plus possibly a revision?

RedGeorge

Postby RedGeorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:33 pm

This is gonna sound really stupid, but I’ve been looking through some of my surgeon’s work and there are really mixed results (I suppose all surgeons have that to a degree?) but one thing I’ve consistantly noticed is that this surgeon seems to put nipples lower than they look like they should be.

So my question is when I’m being marked up before hand can I explicitly say please don’t put them too low down my chest?

I know this sounds really stupid and I promise I’m not mad it’s just I’m going to have this chest for the rest of my life and I don’t want it to look awful. I've left this far too late really as my op is three weeks today, I hope this is just normal pre-op panic?

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:08 pm

This is gonna sound really stupid, but I’ve been looking through some of my surgeon’s work and there are really mixed results (I suppose all surgeons have that to a degree?) but one thing I’ve consistantly noticed is that this surgeon seems to put nipples lower than they look like they should be.

So my question is when I’m being marked up before hand can I explicitly say please don’t put them too low down my chest?

I know this sounds really stupid and I promise I’m not mad it’s just I’m going to have this chest for the rest of my life and I don’t want it to look awful. I've left this far too late really as my op is three weeks today, I hope this is just normal pre-op panic?
It is always a good idea to voice any concerns about your surgery with your surgeon prior to surgery.

I know where you are coming from with this worry. When my surgeon drew out what he was planning on doing on my chest beforehand I told him that I thought the nipples looked a little low but he assured me that they were the correct height for a guy of my weight and build. I trusted his opinion and it did turn out that he was correct in my case.

Anything you are not happy about, make sure you get it sorted beforehand. As you say you will have to live with the results but bear in mind if they are a good/proven surgeon with plenty of experience in chest surgery they should know their onions.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

thefishkeeper
FTM Admin
FTM Admin

Postby thefishkeeper » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 am

I agree with snowdoggy, if your worried, then ask about what he intends to how while your being marked up.

I failed to do that and had to have a number of revisions after. I have a chest that for a fat bloke is right for me, When I shift weight I will then have another revision, but not before then.

Good luck on the day I'm sure every thing will be fine. Just remember the after care, make sure your home is ready for you, no T'shirts for a while, and ensure that you do not stretch to high, give your self time to heal.

:ugeek:
Too many years fighting the tears, Why can't the past just die. Try to for give, teach me to live, give me the strength to try. No more memories, no more silent tears, no more gazing across the wasted years, help me to say. Goodbye"

Return to “General”