Vaginectomy – My Story

FTM transmen issues.
snowdoggy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Vaginectomy – My Story

Postby snowdoggy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:19 pm

snowdoggy wrote:It is still early days yet and if anything new arises since I wrote this post, I will add if or when anything occurs.

Spoke too soon :problem:

Later on the same evening that I wrote this post I suddenly had a spurt of blood underneath where I have been sewn up, then a never ending flow. It was incredibly heavy and the only way to stem it was to lie down horizontally but then as soon as I stood up it turned out it was still bleeding internally and just pooling inside me so then just gushed back out again. Really scary :shock:

We managed to get hold of my surgeon on the Sunday as it was still coming out think and fast and he told me to try and get hold of an out of hours chemist to get some Tranexamic Acid tablets. These cause the blood to clot and he also told me he was booking me a surgery for Monday/Tuesday so he could re-operate to sort out the problem. He wanted us to drive down to London but I was in no fit state for a 5 hour drive. We rang and old friend of mine from when I used to work as we knew she would know which chemist would be open and as luck would have it she happened to have some of these pills in date and in stock :D We rang my surgeon back to check what doseage and he said 2 pills, 3 times a day.

I was already on iron tablets as I was still anaemic from the op so they would have helped and had liver & onions with dark green cabbage for tea to help keep my iron levels up.

My surgeon was also concerned that I hadn't moved my bowels yet since my op and has since prescribed some more of the Tranexamic Acid tablets and also something to help me "go" although I am already taking Senokot Comfort, so I decided to just stick to that as I don't think taking both is a good idea.

It got even worse Sunday night and we ended up having to ring the night doctor who refused to come out but sent an ambulance. We didn't think we needed one but just wanted my obs taking, blood pressure etc. as the blood loss was getting silly at this point. We got a female ambulance driver in a car and 2 males in a van type ambulance. They were very interested in my transition (particularly the guys) and handled things well mostly. My obs turned out to be fine but the female wanted me to go into hospital in Hull to be monitored. The males weren't sure and I decided, seeing as my obs were all ok, to stay at home. They told me if things took a turn for the worse to phone again and they would come back and that it was no problem.

We spoke to my surgeon on Monday and decided to give the coagulants another 24 hours and they seem to be kicking in now. I had a poo (sorry about mentioning the "p" word) last night and it set off heavy bleeding again which I expected BUT at least it seemed to stop very quickly afterwards so I think the coagulants are doing their job now.

I just need to keep an eye on my blood not going the other way now and developing a bloot clot. I still have my sexy surgical stockings on which will help and am doing gentle regular exercise. My surgeon has told me any severe pain in the legs or shortness of breath I must call an ambulance immediately.

Fingers crossed that things may have taken a turn for the better now :-)

John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

thedreadpersephone
Families Admin
Families Admin

Postby thedreadpersephone » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Take good care of yourself.
Who am I?:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50

Me & T: Me & T Monthly is a peer support group for the family, friends and partners of trans people.
https://www.facebook.com/MeTMonthly
http://meandtscotland.wordpress.com/

Felix

Postby Felix » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi John Gods I feel for ya mate having gone through a rough time myself with the vaggie. Hopefully everything will settle now for ya good luck mate :) ....Felix

I'll keep an eye coz I live in Hull myself so always keen to look out for others in my area :)

snowdoggy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby snowdoggy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:35 am

Thought I'd give another update.

I'm still bleeding, albeit less than I was. My surgeon has decided it is best for me to carry on with the coagulants and hope it will sort itself out.

I have thought about this a long time before we contacted him and also decided that opening up a very neat job, as he has done and then him maybe re-stitching me up may not solve anything. There is no saying that we may travel all the way down to London and then Jan pay for two nights accommodation £160 :shock: to stay at the Travel Inn. There is every chance it will just do the same thing again.

He has said it will will still be very raw down there. I just hope that I am not the first patient this has happened to after this op.The ambulance woman wanted me to go to hospital from what she saw "coming out" but it is now thickening and I am noticing a lot of large clots coming out. Sorry for being so graphic :oops:

My only worry is that these coagulant pills may cause me to have a blood clot or stroke.

Thanks for your replies and i will keep this post updated,

I am in little or no pain and am still happy that I had this surgery by the way. Just sick of the bleeding and having to use pads again. I haven't used one of those since my teens :lolno:

Take care all.

John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Felix

Postby Felix » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi mate just caught ya update. Have ya got a district nurse? Sounds like ya could do with one. I really feel for ya mate. I'll keep an eye on here and ya know where i am if ya wanna chat :-) ......Felix

Return to “General”