Vaginectomy – My Story

FTM transmen issues.
Smile

Re: Vaginectomy – My Story

Postby Smile » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:37 am

Yes I did stop bleeding after 9 weeks :crazy:
phew, im so glad to hear that you stopped bleeding! :)
We can only presume that the bulb end of the catheter must have been keeping a tear open maybe and when it was deflated the tear must have just snapped shut if you know what I mean?
yeah, I think I know what you mean :)
Other than that we still have no idea why I bled so severely for so long but I have been told by my surgeon that he has never known anyone bleed for so long after a vaginectomy so please don't let me story put you off as I know many guys who have had no bleeding problems after this surgery.
Don't worry, your story doesnt put me off since i gather everything is okay now..?
What does somewhat put me off is that i can't find anyone in my country that has done this even though the surgeon told me he has done the procedure 12 times before. Also, when i first asked about it (several years ago im guessing around 2008) they simply told me it's not being done. And now, this year they tell me (after asking again) that I can get it, however the surgeon wont give me any odds on how big a risk im taking when it comes to complications. He just told me what the risks are (wich are kinda severe) and no odds.
The transmen i talked to all seem to think the risks are high. So well.. I'm kinda trying to find some positive input :lol:

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:32 pm

My surgeon tried his best to put me off having the surgery. It's very fiddly apart from anything else apparently. There are a lot of risks involved. The main risk being the amount of internal stitching involved carrying the risk of puncturing the bladder or bowel. He explained these risks and I asked him how many times he had either of these happen under his knife and he says he has never had it happen but had to warn me just in case.

I must admit out of all the stages of surgery I have had (both upper and lower), I think the vaginectomy was the worst but I am VERY glad I had it done and if I had to do through it all again I would still have a vaginectomy done but would have it done during stage 2 or 3 (can't remember which it was) rather than as an extra op as I did.

On top of the obvious reasons I wanted to have it done :roll: I am also happier that some of the parts that were left in prior this surgery have now removed, thus removing the risk of getting cancer in those areas.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Smile

Postby Smile » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 am

That's a question I will ask this surgeon! Thank you :) Havent asked quite like that before.

How long does the discomfort with bladder and bowel last? As i understand it one feels like going to the toilet all the time..?

I have already taken everything out, except for this part.. obviously :P
The recovery for me then was about a month, i could do that again, sure there was pain but i could deal with it fine :) However if I get problems for the rest of my life with bladder and/or bowel, I think i would curse myself for doing the surgery.. :/

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 am

That's a question I will ask this surgeon! Thank you :) Havent asked quite like that before.

How long does the discomfort with bladder and bowel last? As i understand it one feels like going to the toilet all the time..?

I have already taken everything out, except for this part.. obviously :P
The recovery for me then was about a month, i could do that again, sure there was pain but i could deal with it fine :) However if I get problems for the rest of my life with bladder and/or bowel, I think i would curse myself for doing the surgery.. :/
To be honest I can't remember how long the discomfort lasted. I should have kept a diary of timescales at all stages really. Guys are always asking me all sorts of time questions about the various surgeries and I can't remember any of it unfortunately :thumbdown:

I do remember coming round from the surgery and the urge to move my bowels was indescribable. The nurse told me I didn't need to go and it was just due to the trauma caused by the surgery. I had to have an enema before this surgery, which I didn't have to with any of the others, so there was definitely no chance that I really needed to go. She recommended morphine and this took the urge away instantly. My missus can't remember me moaning about the urge to go for long after the op so we have deduced that this feeling doesn't last for long otherwise she would remember :lol:

On a plus point my bowels are now exactly as good as they always have been and I have had no problems with my bladder or urinary system :thumbup:
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Samabbo21

Postby Samabbo21 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Snowdoggy
Thank you so much for sharing, I am trans make too, had my full hysterectomy 1981, and Metoidoplasty about 1994 under Mr David Ralph. I asked at the time for vaginectomy in 1981, I think Mr Pawson the surgeon then knew nothing of it. I also asked when I had my Metoidoplasty but still no joy.
A couple of days ago I awoke to find a lot of blood and clots ...very scary, in all these years I've had no problems down there and have just ignored it.
I am so glad to see your blog I feel so relieved, I hope I can get funding to go back to London and see the team there again, meanwhile my GP has taken blood samples and a swab to check for infection. I just have to get rid of it !!
Thanks again
Sam

Return to “General”