Mega Selfie! From Sam based on X-Factor.

Broadcast yourself here post links to your own videos and podcasts and other media you feel is of interest.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Mega Selfie! From Sam based on X-Factor.

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:38 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IYXfJaEVM[/youtube]

THIS IS ME BTW Ice Maiden I am one and the same.

This is a tongue-in-cheek look at the whole self-aggrandizement culture of social media and just where will it end - all factually correct in this instance. But is this what is now required to get you noticed?

Many activists are quite humble and this took a lot of nerve to do - but it is clear that we have to up our game these days :) Enjoy! :lol:

Feel free to comment here or on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IYXfJaEVM

Oh and this is not on our usual channel its an unlisted video that is separate from our vlog as its not a site wide issue.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Christine

Re: Mega Selfie! From Sam based on X-Factor.

Postby Christine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Much too understated. You need something louder and altogether more bombastic. :D

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:51 pm

It does raise an interesting issue though and is a bit of a 'Trojan horse' video in that if you can get away with it - I prefer that to 'passing' and prepared to stick your head above the parapet! And boast often about pretty mediocre achievements you are latched onto by the media and by more importantly other transpeople who then suddenly make them famous.

What I have done is bettered by many older trans activists and they are humble and modest. So this is an impasse in this new world of celebrity and fame at all costs. Especially when trans are frightened and live in stealth!

Interesting issues. This often means the best qualified people to 'be active' and who are 'active' go under the radar! Our weekly show has people from 18 to 80! regularly - so why cannot anybody else do it?

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Christine

Postby Christine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Ice Maiden wrote:why cannot anybody else do it?

I can only speak for myself, but sheer terror would tend to dissuade me. I spend ages thinking "argh!" if I so much as post a picture to Facebook. Which is exactly what I'm doing after doing exactly that. :/ An entire video would just about finish me off... even though I can see right here that there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with doing that and in fact it's quite entertaining!

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:29 pm

We will all be dead soon enough. I, like many, have spent a long time (all my teens) regretting things. I guess it is hard to be a role-model no matter who you are, a mother, a father, a teenager transsexual encouraging children and families to do this all earlier.

Somebody somewhere has to say just do it! More often than not nothing bad happens anyway, most demons are personal as we found out with Chrise Edkins(!), if it does you have the police forces on your side these days and they come down heavy on hate-crime!

More people are proud of you than not I can promise you that - just look at the hits on your blog thread here in this forums (that is hidden from unregistered users I am afraid). Who are they all?

The Selfie is now rife, in fact it is like some photo vomit on instagram and on twitter, there is so much of it this above is already old news :)

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Podcasting”