The Janett Scott Interview

Broadcast yourself here post links to your own videos and podcasts and other media you feel is of interest.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 pm

TransgenderZone have interviewed Janett Scott.

On Thursaday the 26th April I spent an entire afternoon in her company and we discussed many topics.

This was meticulously prepared for, with running orders and topics. Janett has now given the green light after hearing the full recording. We do not want to trip people up and this was important. We want her to proud of it.

As an old friend and the fact tzone has this massive archive with her in it from the last 20 years I thought it was timely.

In this interview the full recording lasting over 2 hours we discuss from her birth until today. We cover her childhood as a boy, her life as a merchant seaman, her struggle with her identity, National Service, and employment, her marriage, birth of her children, her marriage and loss of her wife and then we cover the Beaumont years and her eventual television 'celebrity status' in the 90s. We also address the recent criticisms from Facebook about the appeal of the Beaumont Society and how they are now treated. And what the Beaumont Society is today and how it is viewed and of course the recent issues with the UK 'pregnant man' and the infamous 'Paddy Power' ad. This teaser will give you an idea if you want to hear the whole biography. This is a really interesting story.

But if you have an interest in transgender history then this is a must listen to recording.

I see this as a kind of 'legacy' to the community, it was needed. So many activists that have forged what we have today are quickly forgotten - well not this time ;)

The main recording is available below but for now listen to the teaser:

Teaser: 7mins 52 secs (sample).

We also have an outtakes clip with a few funny stories that go along with it.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu May 10, 2012 11:32 am

The Full interview is now up - see bottom of the page linked below in our media section - the silver player - the black players are teasers.

http://media.transgenderzone.com/?p=1384

There you will also find photos spanning her career and life.

I think you will enjoy it and learn something about someone who has had more than her fair share of criticism of late.

Feel free to comment here about it (registered members here) but you can also comment on Face Book here
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 8705002143.

Or you can comment here in our guest area where you do not need to register - all posts need approval - check back later.
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3005
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Podcasting”