True Mirror - Short Film

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Method Actor

True Mirror - Short Film

Postby Method Actor » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Hello...

As my user name suggests, I am a method actor who takes the truth very seriously! I'm working on a short film in which I will be playing a heterosexual closet cross dresser, who is discovered one evening by his wife who returns home unexpectedly. The wife kicks the husband out of their central london apartment and he finds himself out in public dressed as a woman for the first time in his life - EVER! :o

I'm in the process of developing my character that I want to build upon fact - NOT fiction! I am looking to hear from anyone that has ever been caught by their partner and what happened. I want to make sure the situation is as close to something that could happen in reality as possible. The film is along the lines of Steve McQueens "Shame" starring Michael Fassbender.

So far being the type of actor I am, I have bought a dress, shoes, under wear, wig and have kept it secret from my real life girlfriend. She knows I am going to be playing this part and she is incredibly uncomfortable with it. I have secretly been dressing up when she pops out to visit family to get that feeling of what it might be like to get caught. I have found I actually quite enjoy it, which is giving rise to some intense feelings of fear of getting caught and what if I want to carry this on after the film.

I played around with my gender when I was younger, but I used the pretence that I was on stage as a singer to "get away with it" imagine the New York Dolls :) this film for me is an opportunity to explore gender again but share my findings with a broad audience. We will be aiming for BAFTA noms with this film.

I hope I am in the right place to be able to ask questions and read of real stories about similar situations to that of my character. I'm particularly interested in hearing from those of you that have high pressure jobs or "masculine" roles in your day to day activities.

As Grayson Perry puts it in his new book "The Descent Of Man" my character is a "Default Man" (straight, white, male) as seen from the outside, but inside he is SO much more! so anyone who identifies with that I would love to hear from you.

I have an Indiegogo crowd funding page with a load more information about the film, but not sure if I am allowed to post links like that on here.

Thanks for your time! :thumbup:

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”