Kellie Maloney - Celebrity Big Brother 2014 - Transgender

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Kellie Maloney - Celebrity Big Brother 2014 - Transgender

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:58 pm

DAY 8

Voice Over - ... In the 'Pod' Leslie is sharing a childhood memory with Kellie.

(Image: Channel 5/Endemol).

Summary: Leslie wanted a 'Bride Doll' as a child and his father who was in the military refused as he didn't want his some to have 'sissy' type things he wanted his some to be rufty-tufty (a word I use :))... However it turns out that his mother managed to persuade him to buy one a minute to midnight almost and Leslie said he was so excited on Christmas morning as young child he wet himself, "I peed everywhere like a Chiwawa!" They used this one-liner as a buzzer on 'Bit on the Side' LOL they are so mean ;).

Kellie's face says it all!

Later...

The next task is about housemates facing their fears.

From bad smells, to arachnophobia.

Kellie, Dee and Frenchy had to list negative traits in the other Housemates watching on a monitor. And Kellie, Frenchy and Dee took no prisoners! Kellie took criticism well and did not get stroppy. This is progress and well done Kellie!

In unison - Hello Big Brother...

BB - Are you ready for your phobia task?

The three women - NO!

Dee - Do you think we look like Charlie's Angels?! (SMILES ALL ROUND). [They kinda do... Eds]

Later in the room they are all sat quietly and BB comes over the Tanoy...

BB - "THIS IS BIG BROTHER!"

Kellie nearly jumps out of her skin LOL!

BB - "Frenchy, Kellie and Dee you are about to be tested for Epistemophobia - the fear of knowledge! Sufferers of this phobia exhibit a fear of sharing information and talking about certain subjects. To pass this phobia test, housemates must take turns standing behind the knowledge podium to answer questions. If housemates are too afraid to answer the questions, housemates may avoid the question by pressing the panic button.

In a moment Big Brother will display a question on the screen you should read this question to yourself silently. Big Brother will than ask you if you wish to answer it."

Dee is asked who is your least favourite housemate to which she gave a wry smile and stated - Git was ary...

Frenchy was asked who do you think is being fake and why? To which she replied 'Kylie' or Kellie. Frenchy is French (OBVIOUSLY) but Kellie has a bit of a go at her for getting her name wrong. All I can say to that is go speak French Kellie and make no mistakes see how you get on - I have been there myself and lived in France for 4 years and unless you experience this then even if Frenchy is liked or not she is speaking English! Give her a break!

Her reason for choosing Kellie was given as:

Frenchy - She talks behind my back.

Kellie responds with a gunfighter snake eyes stair - and rolls her tongue around her mouth. Frenchy has tapped the wasps nest. Kellie will get her chance shortly! We don't get along very well and she go behind my back and talk about me!

Kellie then I feel makes a mistake. She points at her temple (of her head) and wiggles her finger in a circle as if to suggest Frenchy is insane. To be ir this is probably 'projection' on Kellie's part. An opportunity to reverse the tables with the horrible things that some may say about her behind her back. Nevertheless, there are a number of viewers who may have mental health problems and this sign is offensive to them. So not a wise move...

Kellie - To Dee - She is not a good judge of character!

The Housemates watching - Audley Smiling - "Look at Kellie looking at her...Look Look!"

Kellie leans over to Frenchy - "Your Judge of character is really bad..."

The Housemates all laugh out loud (Out of earshot of the three women in the task room).

"She will not like that!!!"

Frenchy - (WHISPERING) - Lets talk about it after...

Kellie - I've got nothing to talk about!

Frenchy to Kellie - I like you a lot but at the beginning I think you may have talked behind my back...

Kellie - Good!

Now it is Kellie's Turn

BIG BROTHER - Kellie, here is you question!

BIG BROTHER - Kellie are you prepared to answer this question?

Kellie - Yes!

BIG BROTHER - Who do you think has the biggest ego in the house? And Why?

The response was a surprise - or not a surprise depending on how you feel about Kellie...After all a lot of the show is not aired and this maybe a fact in there and Kellie is being brutally honest! What I worry about here for Kellie, is some may assume it is a homophobic issue, and to play this show 'as a game' it may have been wiser to have chosen Gary or Frenchy even? Just sayin'...

Kellie - I think it is Leslie! I think Leslie has come in with all the intentions of winning! And 'camping it up'.

(Leslie takes it in good spirit).

Kellie continues - He has... I think he suffers from a 'small man ego' and do anything to win the show!

Group giggles under their breath and the Blatant cheek and uncomfortable 'front' displayed by Kellie here.

Gary - WOW!

James - So an Egotistical short man, B*stard?!

(The Group laughs).

George crying with laughter - THIS IS BRILLIANT!

Dee is asked who is the most manipulative and why - she chooses and later upsets Gary for doing so.

Then they go around again.

Frenchy is asked who is the most two-faced and why...

Big Brother - Frenchy do you want to answer this question?

Frenchy - Yes I think Leslie.

He reason was he flits between manipulative and friendly.

Kellie's turn next...

Kellie reads it to herself and giggles and looks up at those two.

Dee looks worried - "What are you looking at me for?"

Not knowings what the question is or how Kellie is going to answer it.

Big Brother - Kellie are you prepared to answer this question?

Dee - Answer the question Kellie!

Kellie - Yeah. Yes, Yes!

Big Brother - Who is the most selfish housemate and why?

CUT TO: GROUP

Leslie has a big smile and shakes his head in advance of knowing.

Kellie - I actually think there's two but I can only name one!

And I would name Frenchy as the most selfish Housemate because when the food started it was because Frenchy not wanting to share and hiding food in her case.

Frenchy - laughs.

The Group applauded, Dee then says you also take all the quilt at night.

Big Brother - Dee, Frenchy and Kellie you have past you part of the task and do not have a fear of knowledge!

Later...

Kellie speaks to Frenchy in the bedroom.

Kellie - You spoke very well!

Frenchy (SURPRISED) - THANK YOU!

Kellie - No you did! You have to speak how you feel. I can honestly assure you I did not talk about you. You can believe what you like, I spoke to you and got angry with you and we apologised and I've left it at that! And my name is Kellie not 'Kylie!'

Waves her finger at Frenchy.

Frenchy - Maybe it is my accent?

Kellie - Well you keep saying Kylie! I think who's she talking about then I think oh it's me (Chuckles). No but you call me Kylie all the time...

Watch the episode Now!
http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity ... sode-9-335

Big Brother's Bit on The Side

Duncan from the 'Man Band' 'Blue' Put in a good word for Kellie, that he is enjoying

her journey. Having come out as a Gay man himself he understands 'elements' of how Kellie must be feeling.

Kellie's daughter Sophie also called in to give Kellie a plug and why the public should not evict her this Friday

Sophie - Keep her in as she is really enjoying it and she is coming out of her shell more...

Watch Now
http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity ... sode-8-381

If you want to keep Kellie in the house here are the details.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Kellie Maloney - Celebrity Big Brother 2014 - Transgende

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 pm

DAY 9

Summary: Eviction Show Kellie was saved by the public. David was evicted. They lost the task because Gary who was pretending to be afraid of balloons in the phobia task failed to be convincing enough to force the Housemates to press the 'Panic Button' Audley wanted to (out of sympathy) but the rest refused. And he didn't let them for get it after they realised he should have lol.

Audley - I was going to press it!

James - Could have should have, would have...

Later...

Voice Over - Kellie is reflecting about her experience so far...

Big Brother - Are you pleased you came into the house?

Kellie - I am now, yes! Yes... I wasn't the first couple of days! To be honest. I, I wanted to run out! Because I think people have been really good to me, been accepting of me and have taken me as one of the Housemates, you know, hopefully I've come across well on the TV screens and in people's front rooms? And they will keep me in the house.

BB - Would you like to stay?

Kellie - Yeah I would because, cos it has help me develop as a person, help me find myself, and I think that is very important to me.

Later they cut back live from the Day before recording to the live eviction (we will see the house side of this tomorrow).

Kellie all dressed up and nowhere to go as the Public voted to keep her in :)

Well done Kellie! I think she will be in the final.

At this stage it is a Dee, George, Kellie top three I think and Dee might just pip it at the post? But Kellie is now recovering and too the criticism well in the phobias task. This is personal growth and 'Frank' was not called upon to deal with that situation.

This is visible progress and can only be a good thing for her :)

Fortunately for me this was a Kellie-Lite show and as she was not evicted the show became David's (and quite right too!). Big Brother have to be seen to be giving everyone fair airtime and I think Kellie has had more than her fair share! It is also good for her to step back a little and enjoy the ride, rather than be at the center of the hurricane all the time! That is not only stressful but exhausting too (for me especially)!

Watch Now - Live Eviction Special
http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity ... ode-10-333

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 pm

DAY 10

Tonight was a huge episode for Kellie as there was concern around potential Transphobia! I have therefore written a bit more so those who use this blog as a 'temperature guage' can review how the show reacted etc... This is a must read episode! But read it all don't skim.

Summary: Live face to face nominations. Audley Nominates Kellie because he is 'uncomfortable' around her (more on that later). And Gary gets nominated by everyone!

This is a biggie for Kellie - so in my case no rest for the wicked as they say - let's soldier on!

OK so it is Day 10 - it feels like a year - it is only 10 days! Seriously?!!! Amazing!

This is perhaps one of the best CBB I have ever seen!

Kellie enjoys watching the boys rehearse their dance moves.

Later...

Kellie hears the roars of the recorded crowd noise and wonders what fate awaits her.

Kellie is in a lovely eviction dress -

Kellie - I think this is actually worse, going out than coming in! Cos once you are in here you're safe!

Claire - It is the boos, cos everyone gets boos when they go out - even the winner gets boos.

[I think this is self-comforting, in case Claire goes first LOL, Eds.]

Kellie - If I get boos there will be a hand signal coming up that will not be very acceptable! [The one-finger salute or flicking the V's possibly Kellie? Eds]

Then we see David get evicted - See above (last entry in this Blog for more on that).

Then it is time for Face-to-face nominations. This is always good for the viewers as this is really hard on the Housemates as a rule - viewers are mean ;). And tonight was no exception!

Kellie nominates Gary because he is ...well ... rude(!) basically. Her second nomination was Leslie. Because she has still not forgiven him for nominating her for the 'Scrap Heap' earlier in the week. [Fair enough? Eds].

The other Housemates in the group nominate (mainly Gary) and most are up for eviction inc Kellie again. However the controversy tonight came from Audley's vote.

Details on how to 'save Kellie' are at the bottom of this Blog Entry.

Audley first nominates Leslie, they all laugh after Audley give Leslie a character assassination and then says, "it is nothing personal..." But then he shock nominates KELLIE!

Now for those who do not know, Kellie is/was a boxing promoter pre-transition and promoted fights for boxers that included Audley (who himself is a boxer). So there is some 'history' between them that we are not a party to, and Audley knew 'Frank' (a name she went under in her previous gender role) for many years.

Audley - Now the second person I am going to nominate is Kellie.

Audley - and the reason why I am nominating Kellie is because, I'm a little uncomfortable living with you in the house. And I think you have done a wonderful thing for you personally! And I think what you are trying to achieve, and I think you've done a great job! But I feel like um... I feel the world is ready for you, and I think you are ready to go out into the world. I think the house... I think you are ready to go out there so...

Big Brother - Audley, can you clarify what you meant by finding Kellie a little uncomfortable in the house?

Audley - What I mean is the other day, three of the ladies was in the bath and I just felt a little uncomfortable going in there and sitting in the bath with everybody. I felt like am I being a bit strange? I did feel a little uncomfortable.

(Kellie Glares at Audley).

Audley - You know Kellie walks around no problem... I am totally open-hearted, to the change that Kellie has made, you know you're so brave! Because um... obviously, I knew Kellie in Hi[s]... her previous life [The almost saying 'His' and self-correcting is telling here, Eds.] and am... just getting used to it? And am... I'd like Kellie to go out there an am... negotiate a fight for me... so a little selfish.

Kellie chuckles... And then winks at him. As if to say, "you'd be lucky after that diatribe mate!"

Later...

Voice Over - 11.59pm Audley wants a word with Kellie...

Audley to Gary - Let me have a seat here (to talk to Kellie) are you going up? (to the Diary Room).

Kellie to Audley - Forget it mate - I don't wanna talk!

Kellie - I wasn't in the bath! I was sitting on the edge of the bath.

Audley - So you want me to lie to you? You cannot handle an honest conversation?

Kellie - I can handle an Honest conversation!

Audley - Calm down!

Kellie - No! I don't need to calm down! You feel uncomfortable about me! And you want me to go and do a job for you? PLEASE?! You must think I was born on a ....

Audley sits down beside her as Gary vacates his seat...

Audley - Listen.

Kellie - Forget it mate!

Audley - You take it too personal.

Kellie - I do take it too personal!

Audley - I am being honest with you. Do you prefer me to be honest with you or lie to you?

Kellie - And I am being honest with you! I couldn't work for someone that has got... (Like you now).

Audley - Well its not about working...

Kellie - It is!

Audley - When I came in here, like any other person who have to deal with you it would be a shock! But like the man that I am...

Kellie - Yeah?!

Audley - ... I'm working through it! But at the same time ... It is going to take time...

Kellie - Listen, I am in the same room as you - you're uncomfortable!

Audley - No, that's not right, its not in the same room as you! I didn't say that! I am really uncomfortable sitting in a bath with you, you are damned right!

Kellie - I wasn't sitting in the bath! My feet were in the bath!

Audley - But that was what I was avoiding, I didn't know if you were coming (in) or not?! I didn't wanna take the chance.

Kellie - Well why didn't you ask me?

Audley - Listen!

Kellie - Audley, forget it mate.

Audley - No, no I am not forgetting it.

Kellie - If I make you feel uncomfortable, that's fine Audley! I will...

Audley - Listen...

Kellie - I will remove myself from the issue...

Audley - I will repeat it again, I will repeat it again...

Kellie - P*ss off!

Audley - I am gonna be uncomfortable...

Kellie - P*ss off!

Audley - I wasn't sure if you were coming in or not?! That was very pacific! That's IT! Listen! I am on your side.

Kellie - Audley I will listen and pay respect to you whilst we are in this house, while I'm here and that's it!

Audley - Fine.

(THEY SHAKE HANDS)

Audley - No hard feelings man!

Kellie - No hard feelings, no!

[Unlike Leslie aggression was not really an option here for obvious reasons and Kellie handled it well! Eds]

Later...

Voice Over (Marcus Bentley) - Kellie is talking to Big Brother.

Kellie - I have been nominated twice for stupid reasons?! I find that very hard and very, um, odd?! You know, I wasn't in the bath! I was sitting in the bath, He can sit in the bathroom and talk to me and not have a problem, that's um the most stupidest reason I have ever (heard) ... I want Kellie to go out for a stupid reason! And then why he has the courage to come up with, "I feel uncomfortable with Kellie," So would he feel uncomfortable if I was in the swimming pool if he was in there? I wish he'd of said that from the beginning? I'd...

... I would have walked out the house! I am not expecting everyone to accept me! I understand it is gonna take time. But I expect them to be honest enough to come and tell me to my face! And not have a double message and try and sweeten it by, "oh I'd like kellie to go out and for selfish reasons go out and set up some fights for me." I don't feel annoyed. I, I actually feel cheated! And I feel someone's been living a lie since I have been living in this house. And they're not man enough to be honest!

Later...

Kellie is talking to Edele about what happened with Audley.

Kellie - I could do a lot better of a job out there than be in here used as a circus clown for people like him!

Edele - I don't think he meant it in a ... bad way. But I can understand you're hurting!

Kellie - If I had a problem with Audley, I would have told him! Like I tell anyone in here!

Edele - It is tough for you I know. I do feel for you! Do you want a cup of tea or summit?

Kellie - I'll have a tea please yeah.

Edele do you wanna Hug?

(Edele offers a hug that Kellie gratefully accepts).

[Edele seemed just a little bit too camera aware here, call me cynical, Eds].

Later...

Voice Over - Big Brother has called Audley to the Diary Room!

Big Brother to Audley - Hello Audley!

Audley - Hello Big Brother.

Big Brother - Before you went into the Big Brother house, the rules regarding unacceptable language, and behaviour were explained to you.

Audley - Correct!

Big Brother - These Rules include Housemates behaving in a way that could cause serious offence to either their fellow housemates or to members of the viewing public, included, but not limited to serious offence based on disability, age, race, sexual orientation, and gender.

Audley - Correct!

Big Brother - Big Brother would like to talk to you about your reasons for nominating Kellie this evening where you describe 'feeling uncomfortable with her'. Audley, what did you mean by this?

Audley (NERVOUS AND LICKS HIS LIPS) [Body language, Eds] - What I meant by that is um (SHUFFLES FEET AND SHUFFLES IN THE CHAIR LIKE A CHILD OPPOSITE THE HEADMASTER). I have known Kellie (CUT TO: KELLIE ALONE).

As a, As a Frank! [A Frank? LOL Eds.]For 20 to 30 years! A boxing promoter! And um (CLEARS DRY THROAT!), Obviously it was a shock to me like most other people in the boxing fraternity when Frank decided to become a transgender and change her name to Kellie, so (CLEARS THROAT AGAIN) [Drink of water Audley? Eds] obviously meeting Kellie in the house, is, as I tried to explain to Kellie today is taking me some time - I don't think it is taking me a lot of time! (LICKS LIPS AGAIN)

[Note - Kellie has always been female so she hasn't become anything really as she has said, Frank was the lie, Eds.]

Um... to make an adjustment?! To now no longer speaking to FRANK I'm actually speaking to Kellie! I don't think that's an 'unnormal' thing for me to feel.(LICKS LIPS AGAIN), Am...

The fact that I've known Kellie, as Frank, as a man! And I feel it would not be a natural environment for me to sit in a bath with Kellie, AH UM... I don't think that's unusual, I don't think that's discrimination at all, it is just something I am not comfortable with. Because I am not used to it, because I have known Kellie as Frank for so long!

Big Brother - Audley, Big Brother suggests that this could be seen as offensive language.

Audley - Mmmm? I think anyone would be crazy to suggest that you just made the adjustment and can just switch just like that! Its gonna take time, and I've explained to Kellie today! Listen, I am 100% whatever you need to do to make you happy! But just give us sometime to catch-up with it! Cos its gonna take time.

IMPORTANT Comment Especially to Endemol (Producers)

Audley is Black, if Kellie said she was uncomfortable around Audley because he was a Black and should leave the house there would clearly be a problem! This is actually no different in that respect. However, It is slightly different in this particular case compared to say another Housemate behaving in the same way who never knew Kellie before transition.

It is the pace of the transition and a 'boundaries' issue here that seems to be the overriding problem. In this instance it would be similar to Audley walking into the house and saying to Frank I am a woman! And Frank going - WOW!

"Audley you are woman!" It is simply a case of the processing of this rapid change in a colleague! One you have known for years! Not that there is anything wrong with being female just that the last time they met 'he' wasn't!

I therefore do not think there is necessarily any malice in it, in the sense it is just the shock and difficulty of knowing 'Frank' so well over the years and maybe they had 'laddish' banter together.

Of course there is a confusion that 'all trans are gay' Rusty makes a similar comment in 'Bit On the Side' see later in this entry.. An maybe Audley is worried Kellie may make a pass at him? Or flirt with him? Sexuality is complicated as Kellie has already raised herself. if she still likes women then she is actually now more likely to be a lesbian than fancy Audley, and if she fancies Audley - Straight! But I suspect for Audley and many others who assume 'Trans - it's a GAY THING' he may be concerned she might have made a pass at him? In 'the Bath' (Bath-Gate) they keep talking about.

For Audley I suppose, for now at least, Audley is concerned she is 'still' Frank (underneath physically) in a frock. So when Audley was taking a bath and Kellie went in and sat on the edge of the bath and dipped her feet into the water. Perhaps it is not unreasonable to suggest it just 'creeped' him out? Maybe Kellie needs to think about how Audley must be feeling in all this too? I suspect if Audley had walked in on the old Frank in the bath and Audley was dressed as a woman 'Frank' would have said a lot more! Frank has already done so here: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/08/15/ke ... -children/

So there is sensitivity hidden in Audley's words.

I think transition is not always just about the transperson, it is also about those around them learning and coming to terms with that transition, and this new gender role they are suddenly faced with. Kellie has had a lifetime to prepare for this. Those around her have had 5mins by comparison, and as we have seen, Kellie is still struggling with all this herself! Those around her who know her well, like Audley, will no doubt struggle too, especially when they have had NO counselling or advice on the subject other than having Kellie thrust it in their face and told to, deal with the situation!

I think it is important that Big Brother challenged Audley tonight on this remark, as even if it was defensible. It sends out a positive message to the viewing public that Big Brother and Endemol (Production Company) are now more than aware of the potential for transphobia. I would like to congratulate them for doing so, and the speed the Big Brother Voice-of-God reacted to this. He did not need any prompting - it was immediate. This is in stark contrast to a few years ago when we first started to raise these issues with the company.

Excellent!

However, this is sadly just one of those things. Audley knew Frank too well. And Audley with the best will in the world simply needs more time to adjust than 10 days in Celebrity Big Brother! Audley to his credit is very pronoun aware (she, her etc...) and that's amazing!

Often Transgender people's own family members, parents and friends can and have disowned transpeople over transition, and NIMBYISM IS rife. So I think Big Brother should keep an eye on Audley of course, in case there is more to this. But at the same time. make some allowances for the pressure Audley must be under as well. He is in effect dealing with his old 'pal' and Boxing manager walking around now as a woman.

His mental health is an issue too! And I for one am compassionate enough to recognise this!

So I hope I have explained myself well here and settled it critically.

It is a 'wicked problem' and there are no rights or wrongs necessarily. Unless there is malice and hate or violence. And I do not think this is the case in this instance.

IMPORTANT FOR BIG BROTHER PSYCHOLOGISTS

Audley I feel and as will no doubt be shown is a 'nice guy' who just is struggling a little with the LOSS of his old friend. This for the Big Brother Psychologists who may read this, thia is a Grief Model! And Audley may actually be now Grieving for the death of his old friend! We do and say silly things when we are in mourning - even lash out and get angry and maybe defend the 'old scoundrel' that has passed! It just so happens that person is still there!

Watch Now
http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity ... ssage=true

Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side

The main topic of course tonight was Kellie!

This is how it went.

Emma asked Judy James (psychologist) what she thought about this.

She explained that there was 'history' between then and they are used to dealing with issues 'in the ring' and that she wants to see them work through this issue.

They showed an exclusive clip of them making it up and him comforting Kellie. Then them both weeping her in the 'Pod' and him below it.

To be fair to the panel this is a very specialist area that TransgenderZone.com is perhaps one of the few places in a position to comment on 'safely!' And I have done so above.

Later they asked who should stay.

Matt Richardson said evicting Kellie would be a "Mercy vote". Jenifer Ellison said, "it would 'destroy her' to be evicted so early." Rusty Lee said that, "she should stay in so we can see her journey. A lot of people are homophobic and will go with her and keep her in..."

That should be Transphobic - this is a commonly held view that all trans are Gay? (They are not by the way, Being Gay is sexuality (who you fancy) the other is gender (who you are)! But the trans*community seem hell bent on rejoining gay organisation Stonewall - so that should help :roll:) It just shows even those that support trans issues are completely lost when talking about them.

Audley is doing pretty well all things considered...

More on that tommorrow.

Watch Now
http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity ... ode-10-334

VOTE TO SAVE KELLIE 10

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Kellie Maloney Celebrity Big Brother 2014 Transgender Story

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:45 pm

DAY 11

It was another eviction and shock of all shocks Leslie went!

Voice Over - in the living area the conversation has moved on (from talking about James getting crowd boos and Kellie saying she was intimidated when she first came in by the crowd) to Audley's reasons for nominating Kellie.

George to Kellie - Was you two OK last night? Cos yous twos were over there?...

Kellie - I told him Fine! If he feels uncomfortable... Fine! I'll just ask to leave. That's it.

James - You'd ask to leave?!

Kellie - Yeah I asked to leave last night.

James - Why would you do that Kellie?

Kellie - I am not hanging around with people I don't... I should have been told that he had a bit of a phobia about trans*people from the minute I walked in.

James - I don't think that is the case babe.

Kellie - Listen... I was not even in the bath when he was in the bath. I was sitting on the side. I knew exactly when the 'incident' was. And yes, not yesterday but the day before, George, David were in there showering and I was in there and he came out 'rubbing' ... So what ... he's got an issue.

CUT TO: Audley training (shadow boxing in the camera two-way mirror not intimidating Kellie btw as it may look like that) in the garden.

Kellie - I can tell when people have got issues, when he was actually pushed, he came out with the reason. He's uncomfortable with me.

James - You can't ....

Kellie - I don't wanna be around someone who is uncomfortable with me.

George - Yeah but try not to leave, that's what I said to Stephanie, don't leave.

James - Don't quit!

George - That was what Stephanie was saying, "I wanna get away from Gary..." Well you are letting him win!

James - You are going to come across people like that in your whole life!

Kellie - I am, but I can deal with it. I'd of rather been told from Day 1 how Audley felt, he could come up to me and say, we've got a problem. With your gender issue. Then I wouldn't have had a problem with it throughout it! Then the lines are drawn, how to deal with it.

Kellie Continues... - I've been nice to Audley, I was Audley's biggest enemy in the outside world. I set out (in the past as a Boxing promoter) to bring him down (when managing other challengers) in boxing, I'm a bit like you. I don't like two-faced people.

James - Alright (looking down).

Kellie - Audley tolerates me! He doesn't accept me!

Later...

Voice Over - 10:13am Audley and Kellie are in the living area...

Audley - How are you this morning?

Kellie - (AWKWARD) Alright thank you Audley.

Audley - Uh?

Kellie - I'm alright.

Audley - Can we have a chat this morning? Do you feel a bit more clearer to have a chat? Yesterday you didn't wanna talk.

Kellie - Audley, if you had a problem with me, I think you should have brought it up as a man! It's like me saying I do not want to get in the bath because you are black! I know you know me as Frank Maloney, but I can't help my gender issue, I can't help what I am going through.

Audley - Let's have a chat,,,

Kellie - It's alright Audley, it's the same if I said I didn't want to get in the bath because Leslie's homosexual or you're black. There would be a complete and absolute war!

Audley - um....I...

Kellie - All I have asked for is tolerance and acceptance, I just wish you'd have talked to me man to woman when I first walked into this house and said, "do you know what? Kellie or Frank , I've got an issue with you!"

Audley - No, it wasn't like that.

Kellie - To be nominated because I am transsexual I think is very wrong.

Audley - I didn't nominate you cos you are transsexual.

Kellie - Then why have you got a problem if I get in the bath with you?

Audley - No, I didn't have a problem with getting in the bath with you because you are transsexual...

Kellie (INTERRUPTS) - You did... You said...

Audley - No I didn't have a problem getting in the bath with your because you are transsexual.

Kellie - You did you said that...

Audley - I had a problem getting in the bath with you because...Wait a minute... I have known you for 20/30 years!

Kellie - I can change that...

Audley - If that is how you take it, then I apologise that you feel that way. No listen... Man to woman [this is quite sweet, Eds] I apologise if you feel that way. Cos obviously I am thinking about my needs.

Kellie - Yeah.

Audley - And now you are telling me your needs. I can own it and say, you know what? That's the way you feel, I apologise! Man...Man to woman.

Kellie - I accept your apology.

Audley - You know, its like, at the end of the day, you know what(?), boy, sitting in the bath with Frank now Kellie, boy!

Kellie - I am the same person.

Audley - I know but...

Kellie - I am not sitting in the bath naked! I wasn't even in the bath Audley!

Audley - I know, I know, but like I say it was like it hadn't been discussed, like, waow! Like it was just, it was just immediate reaction, it was like waow! I feel uncomfortable! And I was being honest! If it happened again, I was going to bring it up. But it never, I was like ... raah...

Kellie - To me it was like you have got some phobia against trans people!

Audley - No, no, no, cos If I didn't know you, I wouldn't have a problem with it! Do you know what I am saying? It is because I know you, it is very different. You have to understand that

Kellie - Alright, I accept that, but I cannot work with you Audley until I know, cos I am always feeling uncomfortable with you. And I am honest, I am honest!

Audley - No, we are having a conversation now, if you can't move past it.

Kellie - I've moved past it.

Audley - No you haven't.

Kellie - Yes I have.

Audley - Look I have apologised, as I see that it has affected you, you see it like I am discriminating against you. Which is not, which it's not!

Kellie - I need time now to come to terms with it, and by the end of the house we might be... Things might change a bit?

Audley opens his arms and says, "come here gimmie a hug".

[This was a breakthrough moment, a light went on in Audley's head that he is actually dealing with a woman here! And then knew exactly how to handle that! Eds].

Audley - Come on we'll have a hug...

He back slaps her a bit hard during it though ;)

Kellie - Things might change,

Audley - Eh?

Kellie - Things might change, but I am emotionally upset about it.

(Kellie starts to break down and cry.)

Audley looks on licking his lips as to what to do next with a woman who is upset? :)

Audley - Yeah. (Puts his arm around Kellie to comfort her.)

Kellie - Say I was Frank yeah? And had an accident and lost my leg yeah? Would you still feel? I would be different then... Do you know what I mean? I am trying... I know its hard!

This was the Breakthrough right here - Kellie starts to weep, she walks toward Audley and her embraces her and tears form in his eyes! This was probably one of the most beautiful moments in Celebrity Big Brother History - RIGHT HERE! And

it is so subtle. This moment would have been denied had Big Brother not been lenient with Audley. They as I said yesterday, made the right decision. And as I also said yesterday. The exact reasons why.

Audley - Hold it up, hold it up! I am ion your side. (pats his heart)

Kellie - OK Thank you.

They part and shake hands and Kellie goes to the pod to get over this emotion and Audley walks into the garden for some fresh air rubbing his eyes.

Audley see Dee in the Garden...

Audley to Dee - I have just had a word with Kellie...

Dee - Did she listen?

Audley - Yeah, yeah I apologised. OH! Tearjerker Man! Tearjerker! Choker, Choker! But it's good though!

Dee - But I knew exactly how you meant it.

Audley - But I apologised though, looking at it from their, from her eyes.

Dee - Looking at it from last night, I knew exactly what you meant, I just think it came out a bit wrong.

Audley - But when she put it that it is the same as not getting in the bath because I am black - so it made me think! Its because I knew Frank.

Dee - I know.

Audley - But putting it like that, it is the same as me being black so I own it and I apologise!

Dee - You see I have only known her as Kellie.

Audley - so there is no adjustment for you guys! You just gotta accept it.

Dee - I mean you were almost killing each other 2 years ago (over boxing).

Audely - I have to accept and I have to adjust.

Later...

Kellie was saved by the public Vote and Leslie was evicted...

Great episode watch now here!
http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity ... ode-12-288

Big Brother's Bit on the Side

I was a bit annoyed by Leslie's lgb'T' comments and roping trans into his plans yet barely mentioned Kellie in this programme - when asked who were to be his lifelong friends after the show. She didn't enter the equation. Fair enough.

But she is trans and he didn't get on with her. He caused all the friction with her by sending her to the Scrap Heap!

That was calculating. This is what really started to make Kellie feel betrayed and stressed out.

So to sit there as some trans advocate - hmmm....

By the way not all trans are gay. Trans are no more likely to be gay than any one else. Leslie demonstrated just how far apart GLBT are in actual fact and that Kellie is better off with cisgender friends than with gay ones - the house has demonstrated that in spades! As the cisgender women have been far more caring and supportive toward her - there is a message there!

So other than a Leslie Self-promotional tour and Rylan gushing all over him (no pun intended), well I suppose Leslie is kinda 'Gay Royalty' ('Will and Grace' Sitcom Royalty that is), so that's is nice for Rylan as he is one of his heroes obviously - apart from that .... Meh!

:think: :problem: :| :tongueoutx:

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 pm

DAY 12

Voice Over - Kellie is talking to Big Brother about Audley...

Kellie - All I wanted to say was to the viewers is please don't punish Audley for his remarks, because he has apologised. And it has taken me time to understand, you know, he had to get used to, about me not being Frank and me being Kellie.

So I don't want the viewers to deliberately pick on Audley. Because of what happened the other night. He wasn't able to get it across the way he should have got it across. If I can forgive him, I hope the viewers can forgive him?! And move forward and forget the issue.

There is not place for anger or bitterness in the human heart and I am glad the two of us have made out peace!

Later by the pool... Kellie talks about her sexuality.

Kellie - So I was wonder with me, when I've had my operation, if I have a relationship with a woman, am I a lesbian?

Dee - Yeah you are!

Kellie - If I have a relationship with a man, am I gay?

Dee - No you are heterosexual.

James - Because you are a woman right?

Kellie - Yeah that's right, but I don't know if people think like that?

James - Well it depends if you look at yourself as a woman or a man doesn't it?

Kellie - Well I look at myself as a woman, I know I am a woman.

James - Well there you go! So then you would be a lesbian.

Kellie - Some people think Transgender People are gay and just do it to cover themselves. I have never had a relationship wit a man anyway. I didn't like looking at the one (penis) I had, so I don't think I would like looking at anyone elses.

Dee (UNDER HER BREATH - Trust me you will!

(Kellie drops her spoon in her breakfast cereal, points and laughs at Dee for saying such a thing).

Claire (WITH A DISGUSTED LOOK ON HER FACE) - It's the things you have got to do to 'em!

James gets up an leaves laughing saying - I think I heard George call me?

The girls laugh...

Kellie - Are you embarrassed James?

James - It was when Claire said about what you have to do with em that did it!

Later...

Voice Over - 11.13am Kellie is thinking ahead...

Kellie - If I survive tonight that means I am quite well liked as that's two evictions I have survived.

Dee (LYING ON TOP OF HER BED) - No it doesn't Kellie, it just means that the person who went out is hated more... No I am only joking!

Kellie - No, well (LAUGHING) You could look at it this way as well! That's true actually.

(Both Kellie and Dee LOL).

Later...

Voice Over - For today's task Big Brother has asked the Housemates to Dummy-up! And become ventriloquists and puppets for the day! In Big Brother's Talk Show Big Dummies - Hosted by Claire!

This involved the housemates (audience) asking the ventriloquists, probing questions and them guessing what their puppets would say by using a small pump to work their mouth. This is quite funny and I have seem most Ventriloquists do this over the years and it has recently been adopted by Keith Lemon in 'Celebrity Juice'.

In this instance regarding Kellie.

Kellie asked Leslie (who has not yet been evicted obviously as this is a day behind) who was 'working Stephanie' why she was passive-aggressive to Audley in the morning when they had an argument. Leslie was diplomatic.

However James then chipped in with his Frenchy puppet and it really was nothing to do with him.

This later lead to another falling out.

James (WORKING FRENCHY IN A SQUEAKY VOICE) - Why every time when someone nominates you (Kellie) Do you go up to Big Brother and say you want to leave? I'm gonna walk from the show and you get really upset?..

... And you start crying and go for the sympathy vote? Why do you do that all the time? I'm gonna walk! I'm gonna walk! If you wanna walk, just f*cking walk!

Kellie - I am a little bit unbalanced with my hormone levels, and my hormone levels went out of sync when I went into the house and it has now been corrected.

[I think that this maybe true, but in my experience, monitoring of transgender HRT is so bad even on the NHS at Gender Clinics, that I would be amazed if this were the actual reason. As there is no really good data on HRT in transpeople and it is all rather hit and miss in my experience, most have no monitoring at all and self-prescribe via their GPs (they ask their GP for something and see if it 'agrees with them' and then try something else, I just think it was the BB experienced and the intesity that broke Kellie down that first week and now she is simply more settled. Eds].

After the show, Stephanie has words with Kellie about one of her questions defending Audley.

She says, "we are done!" An have fallen out.

As she leaves she shouts out "FRANK IS BACK!

Kellie then goes to Dee - She (Stephanie) is off her head!

Dee - looks concerned.

Stephanie then goes to the garden where her entourage is.

George, James, Ricci, Lauren - You just said Franky is out?!

Later Audley and Kellie stick together in the face of Stephanie and her pals over the arguments earlier.

Kellie to Stephanie - If you've got an attitude problem and can't get on with people that's your problem! It's not mine!

Stephanie - I'm just saying you shouldn't have started this all over again! It was a happy house now everyone has kicked off!

James - But Kellie you always say you are going home! And you never do! There's doors there you can go out!

Kellie I changed my mind, I am actually going to stay now, I fancy a bit of competition (with you).

James - Excellent! Let's have some competition!

Kellie - Yeah we will have some competition James!

Kellie turns to Audley and says this is war now!

Later after Leslie is evicted Kellie goes to the diary room to talk to Big Brother.

(Kellie is wearing her Illusion eviction dress in green with pale tights - suits her - very nice :), Ed)

BB - were you surprised Leslie left this evening?

Kellie - No, not really. I do feel sorry for him, because he wants people to like him.He tried to please people, if he upsets you he takes it very personal. I hope he is strong enough to pull himself through it. We all have to be when we finally get evicted! I mean it's gonna happen to me sooner I think?! Than later.

I am pleased to stay in, I am quite shocked at the boos! And I am trying to think, what have I done in the house that may have upset a lot of people, um I am trying to analyse if I have overstepped the mark? Or I have tried to come across too aggressive? I am gonna try and have no emotional outbursts and try and hold it together, and try not to come up here and ask, I think that is probably, maybe what has upset a lot of people, coming up here and saying I am going to walk out. I shouldn't do that, maybe I should try and show them I am a bit stronger In that sense?

Comment

I think personally the problem is that Kellie struggled to shake of Frank and 'his' competitive edge. Kellie even today was challenging James in 'competition' she is still quite confrontational. He other problem is when she sits down in a group of women she tends to move the topic over to her transgender issues when they may have something they might like to discuss. I do not know if this is deliberate editing on the producer's part. Maybe the female conversation is boring. And the Male editors? Like the juice Kellie brings? I cannot say for certain other than Kellie should just back off a little and she'd be fine I think!

More tomorrow!

Watch now here! [yesss]
http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity ... ode-13-280

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”