This Morning 22/07 Helen Perry and Lleahan Perry Transgender

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

This Morning 22/07 Helen Perry and Lleahan Perry Transgender

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Been busy this month but felt this deserved more than being tucked away in the logs here
viewforum.php?f=106

Plus I am sure there are people wondering why we did not report it. Well it was reported in the Logs but it just needs a little bit more of a boost! With pics here! In the main section!
---

This Morning
22/07
ITV1

Presented by Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford. There is a look through the day's headlines, and all your comments and views in the Hub.

Comment

Image itv

Helen Perry (nee Stephen) who served 10 years in the Royal Navy as 'Stephen' and her Daughter Lleahan Perry, who fully supports her father living as a woman [SIC], speak about the unusual situation whereby the daughter first had a transgender father, and then her fiance Christopher aka 'Chi Chi' also turned out to be trans; who she has now married and expecting their first child with. Eamonn and Ruth asked if Lleahan had some form of transgender radar maybe, or looked for traits in people that were subconscious? 'Before and After' photos etc... were shown.

Quote of the day goes to the daughter who when asked, "how come she was so mature about all this?" And she replied,

"Why would you want somebody to be miserable?!"

Very good piece and very nicely done by presenters - however Ruth Langsford has gone under the radar a little and she really is shining lately with these trans guests.

Imageitv

---

The only critique here is the Online version described them as a 'SEX CHANGE' Family

A word is needed in the ear of their webteam I think!

Nevertheless watch the clip now - took me a while to find it actually!

WATCH NOW
http://www.itv.com/thismorning/sex-change-family
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: This Morning 22/07 Helen Perry and Lleahan Perry Transge

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:19 pm

The only critique here is the Online version described them as a 'SEX CHANGE' Family

A word is needed in the ear of their webteam I think!

Nevertheless watch the clip now - took me a while to find it actually!

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/sex-change-family

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

HelenKathrynperry

Re: This Morning 22/07 Helen Perry and Lleahan Perry Transgender

Postby HelenKathrynperry » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi
Thank you for posting this on here.

I was very happy with the way we were treated on 'This Morning'. It was a great experience and a way of us trying to bring an element of understanding to the Transgender subject. I am very lucky to have my daughter and we were only able to express a very small amount of what we have to offer.

If anyone would like to find out more about our story, if you're interested feel free to message me.

Understanding and acceptance is the goal for us all whatever our gender, race or sexuality. After all we are all a product of nature and diversity.

Love to all

Helen Perry

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: This Morning 22/07 Helen Perry and Lleahan Perry Transgender

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:44 am

Hi Helen - 'This Morning' do well in our annual awards for this exact reason - glad to have you aboard...- erm... the board ;)

:thumbup: :kiss:

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”