CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Ch-Ch-Changes

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 pm

This has been around for years now (it shows up in our logs a lot but I thought I'd write a little more about it) and Channel 5 just run it in the loop with the other episodes.

As it goes despite the rather gory issues in CSI a lot of the messages are factual and it is worth watching.

---

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Ch-Ch-Changes
24/11
Channel 5

Forensic drama series. A roadside murder turns out to be the ultimate case of mistaken identity, and requires the team to explore the world of transsexuals.

Transsexual is murdered (throat cut) and then the team go on a journey that involves show girls dancers, plenty of 'genuine' transpeople are cast in cameos, it also has some unpleasant truths about the US healthcare system.

Image (Image: Channel 5).

Trans as victims trans as heroes. On the fence. Perhaps a little too 'real' for some. And a few days after the 'Transgender Day of Remembrance' this is still happening.

It also slips in (no pun intended) the back street surgery world. In this instance there is the shot of a makeshift operating

theatre with a dead transsexual mid op in a lock-up storage facility.

I think it makes you realise just how good the (our) NHS is.

Image (Image: Channel 5).
(A shot straight out of the 'World's Worse Sex-Change Surgeon - this is what happens sometimes).

One of three CSIs that is regularly looped the other two are mistaken identity for trans people. One is where there was

hormones in a water supply and the other where a clown was mistaken for TV.

Worth Watching - they do try to cram in as many trans issues as possible. Just a shame it is a crime show.

---
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

WeWantWaffles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Ch-Ch-Changes

Postby WeWantWaffles » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:44 pm

POSITIVE/REALISTIC PORTRAYAL? In an american show? .. omg!
- Sarah
And at the end of it all, I just want them to say; "Oh, that Sarah. She was a pretty awesome chick."

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Well it seems to use every trick in the book and casts transgender people so ...

Some aspects although shocking have come to pass, and it is timely with the TDOR.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Different_Trains

Postby Different_Trains » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Ice Maiden wrote:Well it seems to use every trick in the book and casts transgender people so ...

Some aspects although shocking have come to pass, and it is timely with the TDOR.

TDOR?

WeWantWaffles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby WeWantWaffles » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Transgender Day Of Remembrance

(also why does the dictionary on firefox underline the word 'transgender as inaccurate? omg)
- Sarah
And at the end of it all, I just want them to say; "Oh, that Sarah. She was a pretty awesome chick."

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”