Big Brother 2012 - Luke Anderson - Transgender Housemate

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Big Brother 2012 - Luke Anderson - Transgender Housemate

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Starts the 5th June at 9pm on Channel 5!

Lets hope transpeople are part of the mix or in their spin-off show 'Big Brother's Bit on the Side' who won our award last year see here.

If anything 'happens' we'll report it here and invite your comments too in this thread.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Big Brother 2012

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Image (Image: Channel 5).
New Housemate Luke enters the house!

Well I have been saying this for 2 years and I hope in light of the awards last year for the production company Endemol that they may have read some of the posts here pointing to an FTM who they have not had in yet.

I said this in 2010! viewtopic.php?f=16&t=229

Maybe they have been reading?

Well lads it's happened.

Channel 5 again deliver where Channel 4 are just playing catch-up. They won our channel of the year last year and it is increasingly looking like theirs will be double this year.

Make the most of it guys!

Lets hope he stays the course and we have got someone to watch this year :)

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

AshleeKel

Postby AshleeKel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:27 pm

I know him! Was watching with a friend, just turned it on and there he was! We were well shocked! He's a really nice guy. He deleted his facebook a few days ago, presumibly in preparation for the show.

Still taken aback that he's on the show tbh. There's been quite a few transphobic comments on facebook though, wish locals could be less backward and more supportive.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 am

Well we will be archiving every episode of Big Brother Now until he leaves - which maybe a LONG TIME LOL. Plus we will also be clipping out anything said about him on Big Brother's Bit on the Side with last years winner of a tzone award Emma Willis. I will report anything in a 'Blog-Like' Fashion here as the days go on.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am

So Just like our Hollyoaks section lets get started.

Well it was Launch night and the blogsphere has already gon mad, with such gems as - wow they did a really good job... I think you'll find that's hormones :) But for such gems as, "does he still have a fanny?" Click here, http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthre ... p=58654954

Luke was introduced as a 'Cheeky Chef' and not one use of the term 'tranny' which was already a step up from last year when one of the actual housemates used it in her introduction of all things - you can read mor on that here.

I think the presenters that include Brian Dowling (the main host) and Emma Willis (Big Brother's Bit on the Side presenter and winner of a few awards last year from us viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2662 did a good job. They really underplayed the trans issues, referring to them as, and interesting back-story."

This was great and I hope that our reports about Big Brother last year have hit home with Endemol (who clearly read them as they reported the awards they won them live on air) and they have made some efforts to address their shortfalls. I will be particularly interested if there is any transphobic byllying in the house, say during an argument, as they will not stay friends forever! What steps will they take now we have made our feelings known that this is unacceptable - this was the case with Nadia in the Ultimate Big Brother episode - but that was Channel 4.

Luke has friends and we would love them to post positive comments here about him, to counter-act the nastiness out there. If you know any of his friends get them here! Our blogs and site is read by the media, and producers, we are actively helping Trans Media Watch, so we can help if this all goes wrong!

Luke seemed calm and collected, one of the lads, FTM's puberty is so good that apart from his height everyone commented how, "they'd never have known about his past".

But he said he will be playing his cards close to his chest in regard to when he will tell the housemates, some of the presenters hope he will hold back, like Nadia (The Portuguese transsexual mtf winner in 2004 and eventual winner) did - and she won. If I were a betting person I'd put an early punt on him I think.

The first task awarded to Deana (an Asian Beauty Queen) was to select, just from meeting them and first impression 3 people to be up for eviction this week. Luckily she did not choose Luke so he is safe at least for now. He is a very likeable chap and 'non-threatening' compared to some of the other men in there.

I'll keep you posted, but all is good so far.

Remember you are free to comment within these posts and blog :)

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”