Im a PC and I'm a Mac

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Im a PC and I'm a Mac

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon May 31, 2010 3:18 pm

ha to re the bingooo

he is a genius but surely that mind could have come up with a better idea than that im sure the ad team would have gone with it

its all been done before and its boring they were churning this out in the 70s with dick emery at least he made the effort

lately there is a sort of crossdressed monster that has emerged from the depths and bowels of ad agency land

usually an unshaven oaf crossdressed and making an Ar*e of himself rarely is it a woman dressed as a man remember when they do like Cat Tate she does it very well indeed

my heart sinks and i just sigh when i see plenty ads and ads similar

whats wrong with hiring a freakin transgender person to do the ads? I am sure Nadia is free or eddie izzard if you pay him enough

if you want to hire a black face you hire a black face you dont hire a white face and black it up no more and this should apply to trans related stuff too - i do not accpet the cultural arguments re panto and so on - if the dame was played by a strong woman hideously made up it still works just look at emma thompson in nanny mcphee once upon a time not that long ago the principle boy was always played by a girl now they are always played by boys or out of work soap hunks so lets change the dame too - its time - from what i can see of it the dame is just a pension fund for cr*p gay drag acts again who are not trans either
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

gemma

Postby gemma » Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 pm

I posted the link because I found it funny and also knew it would provoke conversation. I wasn't expecting such a rich discussion of gay rights and directions. This is great stuff. I have to say I agree mostly with Millie, I am really looking forward to London pride as its a great street party, and a great opportunity to meet people and have a laugh. Last year I honestly felt a little sorry for all the people who felt they were only allowed to stand along the route, like spectators of the marathon, not fit to join in (to stretch the metaphor).
Oh, and Windows > Linux > Mac, because I hate overpriced tripe ;)
Oh and Lariana, Linux > windows as it is neither overpriced, as its it free, or tripe, as it is pretty darn awesome. :D
Twice, backwards, up a tree, on a wall in outer space, singing... "Thats the way, aha aha I like it, aha aha."

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Mon May 31, 2010 11:53 pm

Oh, and Windows > Linux > Mac, because I hate overpriced tripe ;)
Oh and Lariana, Linux > windows as it is neither overpriced, as its it free, or tripe, as it is pretty darn awesome. :D
I'll do some proper replies tomorrow, as it's a bit late.

But I just had to correct this. Many Linux distros are free, but not all. Red Hat Linux is a great example. For many people, distributions like Mint and Ubuntu would be just as good as Windows, however... Windows is pretty much the industry standard for desktop computing, and is used in the home. Plus most, if not all, distros of Linux have very little support from hardware and software companies, so there's often no guarantee your printer will work. And if you go into PC World or where ever the masses go to get their software, very little will be Linux compatible.

As a gamer, Windows > Linux.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:14 am

off topic lol but a fun and fluid thread where people are not on the floor rolling around scrapping at least LOL well not yet anyhow ;)))P

if you own a net book try this program its simple and can run from a memory stick ;)P

http://www.jolicloud.com/

awesome
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

gemma

Postby gemma » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Plus most, if not all, distros of Linux have very little support from hardware and software companies, so there's often no guarantee your printer will work. And if you go into PC World or where ever the masses go to get their software, very little will be Linux compatible.
Oh god yeah the people trying to improve Linux are up against tremendous odds, they do get very little support from the hardware people. My printer works fine though. The fact its so good (ubuntu fore example) is a minor miricle.
As a gamer, Windows > Linux.
Absolutely. This may slowly start to change but for the moment it's not there yet. I am glad I can use either depending on my mood. Windows for gaming (not done any this year though) and work (where I have no choice) and Linux for everything else.
Twice, backwards, up a tree, on a wall in outer space, singing... "Thats the way, aha aha I like it, aha aha."

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”