Coronation Street Storylines Transsexual and Crossdresser.

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Coronation Street Hayley Cropper Exit

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Coronation Street Omnibus
26/10/13
ITV2

Hayley is staying at Fizz's house after last weeks but-up with Roy over not agreeing to her ending her own life when the time is 'right'. And collapses alone in the house.

Imageitv

She comes round then feints again.

This is believable with Pancreatic Cancer having witnessed this myself.

In this instance she had an infection. And 'responded well to antibiotics[ - well its not Christmas yet! Can't have her pegging out just yet.

She is then punctuated through the rest of the show with short hospital visits.

Imageitv

Roy is relieved she is recovering and wants to make the point that she could have chosen now to 'do it' yet still has more time with him!

Imageitv

Roy's expression changes when she says she still wants this 'exit' strategy.

Imageitv

Fizz turns up and bursts into tears...Hayley remarks, "that it should be Fizz consoling her not the other way around." Again this is actually very common, where the person dying is supporting those facing the loss, despite the person losing their life itself.

Comment

OK episode, realistic, and a bit more believable than earlier episodes, that just seem a bit daft or far-fetched. The truth for many is this is a miserable time, painful, and the helplessness is important to demonstrate.

She is a transwoman who is dying, not a dying of being trans. I think whilst that is important. It is also important that there is a little nod to her transpast and I feel they are trying to lever that in with 'flashback' fears in her last breaths.

That said despite all this, again this week Coronation Street mock transpeople - seriously what is wrong with these writers? it demonstrates that they have learned nothing from the Hayley character or Marcia (CD) for that matter.

Last week I reported on the 'Tranny' comment in the bar.

This week they are mocking Cross-dressers!

Here is how it panned out...

Tina the barmaid is trying to get even with Tracy Barlow and hides a pair of knickers in her boyfriend's (Rob) car. They realise that this is not an affair and so the Boyfriend goes to the garage where the car had been opend and this been planted to have it out with Tyrone the mechanic.

Imageitv

Throws the red knickers (good colour for cameras to pick up ;)) into the engine bay.

BF (Rob) - Whose are them...?
Ty - Laughing - Huh? Well they are not mine!

Imageitv

BF - They are not mine and they are not Tracy's, But miraculously they ended up in my motor!
Ty - If you think I have been getting up to all sorts in the back of your car mate!
BF - Will you stop calling me mate I am not your mate! Not by a long chalk!

Imageitv

BF - See aggressive face above - you a cross-dresser or summit?!!!
Ty - Aggressively back - WHAT?!

Imageitv

Ty - Do I look like a cross-dresser?!
BF - Well the quiet ones are always the worst Tyrone!
Ty - Look Rob I don't know how they got into the back of ye car, but I can tell you now it 's nothing to do with me OK?!

Imageitv

BF - Well I do believe you.
Ty - GOOD! - (Looks exasperated)... CROSS-DRESER?!!! Huh!

Comment

And this is the result of all their hard work with the trans community over 15 years, 'Tranny' last week, anger at cross-dressing this week. Next week maybe a torch-lit procession to burn down Hayley's gaff maybe?

I just shows that nobody has learned anything! And the viewers can now forget all about Hayley and return to transphobia once more with ITV's sanction. It is such a shame that this is happening in tandem with Hayley as it is undoing any serious issues raised by her plot-line.

Get angry viewers there is a cross-dressing tranny over there and they are into red knickers (obviously). Well that's what the last 2 weeks have taught us! :shrugs:
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Coronation Street Storylines Transsexual and Crossdresse

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:04 pm

No Hayley this week. They were probably filming the 'final scenes'.

However Roy did say, "Hayley has the all clear!" His assistant said, "Oh really that's good news!!!"

Imageitv

"No," he said, "to come home from hospital..."

Imageitv

"Oh," (LOOKING SOLEMN) she said...

That's it for this week...

Just as well I am worn out ;)

Sylvia mentioned something about Tammy Wynette drag queens but didn't go anywhere.

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Coronation Street Omnibus
09/11
ITV2

In Brief

The first part Hayley was absent, but Roy frantically tried to redecorate their bedroom as a 'surprise', Hayley hated the wallpaper - I think it was Working Men's Club Tobacco Brow LOL.

After Anna continually badgers Roy about why he is so jumpity. Roy accidentally lets slip to Anna Windass (no jokes please) his cafe assistant that Hayley wants to end her life before she dies 'naturally'.

She gets her husband and Sson - both builders to come in and do the wallpaper for Roy they did it for free but a week of 'full English Breakfasts' was the least he could do...!

Her friend who is also dying of Cancer - the one I mentioned earlier in this thread (the one who over-acted) has died. Hayley never got to her in time because Roy said she should rest.

Hayley then couldn't find her top - the one she likes! As Roy had moved everything to decorate. Funny she always seems to find that coat!

She says to Roy, "Why do you throw perfectly good socks away?!" He responds that, "because I cannot find the other ones and there is no point in keeping something that only works as a pair." (Meaning a metaphor for them as a couple obviously)

I think the coat she still wears (when she wants to 'look smart' to meet the girls at the factory) is so old I think I saw it trying to end it life too too earlier in the show. I mean seriously it is practically walking around on it's own!

I wrote this in 98 and she was wearing it then!
http://library.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2487

I know, I know(!), its like Ena Sharples' hair net. Its an affectation to keep her where she is - whatever that is.

itv

I wonder if the coat will be draped on her coffin like some Corrie Flag?

Later, Roy argues with Hayley about her 'right to die' by her own hand (or by his, that's the problem and I can see a new years court case with Roy in the Dock over this - you mark my words!)

As an aside I think the storyline where Mary has had stones thrown at her motor-home by a couple of kids that are lying to their parents is more to the tone of what Hayley would likely have experienced too.

Anyways I digress - GET ON WITH IT! This is meant to be brief!

Hayley says she wants to commit suicide when the time comes...

Roy - You want me to agree to that?
Hayley - You would rather me get to the state where I do not know if I am Arthur or Martha Even though I have bin there done that I have got the Y-Fronts!

(This seems like a very un-Hayley thing to say. But keep going it is getting interesting!

Roy - Rude, Selfish - NOW GLIB!
Hayley - NO! I am desperate, desperate to know that you support me in my decision, and not keep me lingering on for a few days or weeks!
Roy - I don't want you to leave me a minute sooner than you have to!
Hayley - I don't WANT THAT EITHER!!! It is what I need!

Hayley gives great face here. Isn't it just a shame we had to wait 10 years for her to be given this opportunity?

Good acting in this scene - I am impressed!

Roy I want to hold your warm hand as long as I possibly can!

Hayley - I feel like I am losing you already!

itv

Well Hayley the Tobacco Bedroom awaits! Roy better start thinking about how he is 'gunna do it?' I can't imagine him with a crazed look in his eyes with a carrier bag! Or will it be him astride her with a Pillow? :evil: :noway: :o :shock: :wtf: :roll: :lol: I jest but I am beginning to worry!

Mortgage the Cafe and get a flight to Switzerland! Dignitas awaits!

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:45 pm

So to keep it brief Hayley has offered to make a wedding dress for Carla and Carla didn't like the design but hasn't the heart to tell a dying woman she can't do it - so that's Hayley busy for a while whilst they film the death scenes I guess.

Roy, following the funeral of her friend who also had cancer, has agreed to respect Hayley's wishes...

Be prepared for a court case in the new year I guess. Manslaughter would be kinda cruel as a term.

Faye and Grace are two adolescent bullies that have been tormenting Mary in her caravan, now they have forced Simon (Barlow) into one of Amy's dresses and put red lipstick on him.

The negative cross-dressing angle seems to now be a regular feature of the show (read above or previous entries).

Of course all hell has broken loose as street thug Tracy's daughter, Amy, loved the dress that is now ruined.

Whilst it is upsetting, it is the way the writers have used cross-dressing as something shameful or an assault. It puts added pressure on parents with gender variant children, as they maybe seen as child abusers forcing their children do this.

Also Simon is of an age where I suspect he would have wiped off the lipstick and taken off the dress. Walking home in tears wearing it just didn't seem to make sense here?

"Who has done this to you Si? Who has done this?!!!"

Imageitv

Gloria then laughs and says "ehhh, its a bit late for Halloween isn't it?" Meaning? At this point for all she knows Simon may have chose to wear the dress. So it is instant mockery.

I am sorry but Coronation St have really failed over the weeks, and despite all those years with Hayley and Marcia educating the viewers have just collapsed in trans terms. Trans now are used as one-liner mockery terms and ways to use trans-currency ( viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3352 ) to prop up what are otherwise tired old storyline reminiscent of Grange Hill. What a shame!

Jokes about cross-dressing now need to stop.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Every week there is some underhanded transphobic comment of late - check above to see them so far.

This week's Coronation St did not disappoint.

Peter Barlow is playing football with Tina and his son outside the factory.

Imageitv

Simon - to Tina - You are not a man!
Peter - now you never assume anything young Mr Simon Barlow, because appearances can be deceptive!
Tina - He should be a stand-up comic shouldn't he Simon?

This can be taken one of two ways.

1. Don't imagine because she is a girl that she is no good at football.
However due to the heightened transrelated interweaving of Hayley atm its unfortunate that it feels like.
2. Just because a person looks like a woman it does not mean she is one.

This of course is quite damaging, "because appearances can be deceptive." This is quite loaded language, as one could break this down to mean anyone who is Designated Male at Birth, and presented as female is deceiving you.

It is likely to have been written for number 1. But it is so easily interpreted as number 2 (no jokes) so they really need to think about this. There has been a similar joke and far more clearly transphobic every week. I wonder if it is like almost a bet, that the writers have that they can sneak in a transphobic line as cleverly as possible. Seems that way to me. Especially when there is no need to word scripts like this.

Peter is concerned this week and investigates the bullying of his son in being forced to wear a dress, the police are now involved (as it was an assault after all) but Peter said about his son, "He is afraid that he will now be labeled a sissy!"

Trust me a child Designated male at birth wearing a dress to school takes more courage than you could possibly imagine! The bravest child in the school by far. I mean, do the male bullies have the courage to do that? No? Exactly!

Onto Hayley

Carla eventually loved Hayley wedding dress (of course she did!) design and tried it on.

Imageitv
Come through and talk about death.

Hayley then took Roy to the funeral directors to plan her funeral with a bit of arm-twisting as Roy didn't want to know. "I want to be cremated I think?"

Imageitv

Imageitv
Roy - "I am sure you are very efficient!"

Imageitv
Hayley - "I want to be cremated?"

It looks more and more like her burial will be a 'Watership Down' Moment. "On a hill where you can see for miles!" That was the line from that rabbit cartoon of course.

It looks like it maybe a Humanist ceremony. In Cumbria or similar? Well dumping her ashes behind a shed on the 'Red Rec' simply wouldn't do now would it?

Nope for Hayley she will have a location that is pre-angelic. Heaven on earth?

Hayley went to rest and Roy played chess with Mary. Hayley looked in to see them in 'fierce competition' over the game (as much as you can be in chess of course!) and smiled quietly and turned in. I think Hayley assumes he will need another woman to take care of heim and perhaps is now less threatened than the last time she challenged Mary. Plus Mary is 'odd enough' to fit the hole left by Hayley [Groan!]. Plus Mary lives in a camper outside - so makes sense that she is a 'spare'.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”