Lady Boys on ITV

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Lady Boys on ITV

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 pm

their only value as it stands is they are or used to be anatomically male and thats their sole selling point

take that away and they are a third rate cabaret show that certainly would not get invited anywhere as your average dance studio could knock out a better product
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Millie

Postby Millie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Their only 'value' is that people want to see it and are willing to pay for it. It's not my cup of tea but then I also fail to see how anyone could part with hard earned cash to go and see Coldplay or Formula 1!

But they do! ;)
Advancing to what?

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Their only 'value' is that people want to see it and are willing to pay for it. It's not my cup of tea but then I also fail to see how anyone could part with hard earned cash to go and see Coldplay or Formula 1!

But they do! ;)
Or football.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:34 pm

As far as trans chefs, reporters or anyone else is concerned, how do you know that there aren't any? Just because there are none who are visible or out doesn't mean they're not there you know!
And on the same note, how do you know there are any? I'm sure there are, but I don't think they should be on TV just because they're trans. That's not being respectful, that's filling a quota. If they're doing a show about transpeople, then sure, I would agree as it's relevant, but otherwise it's not. A person's life shouldn't matter as to whether they're on over someone else (Should Ainsley Harriot be the preferred guest to Heston because he's black? No, he shouldn't.)

As for the crotch shots, that's disrespectful and rude no matter your gender or sex. If the shot was of a woman's crotch, it'd be seen as sexist and rude, and with a man I'm not sure how well it'd go down (if at all).

But the Ladyboys are very popular. I walked past the place it was being held in Leeds on my way to the Faversham, once, and it was quite big.
I think we're agreeing here Lairiana - I don't know that there ARE any either! That was kinda my point really.

I didn't see the programme in question, so I can't comment on the crotch shots that IM reported seeing really - although I agree that crotch shots are generally disrespectful.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 am

But they do! ;)
yeah i mean if you take the 'ladyboy' element out of the equation in the same way you take the frock off the drag act - 9 times out of 10 they are just embarrassingly bad

if you wanna see a good review get to LV or Paris
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Transgender Media and Television”