Ears?

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Millie

Re: Ears?

Postby Millie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:41 pm

I always used to get all my piercings at Primitive Origins in Hammersmith - not sure if that's central enough for you (and anyway, I think all the staff have changed since I last went there!)

Failing that, Cold Steel in Camden have a good reputation - they're on the main drag, you can't miss them.

I'm assuming you want a proper piercing shop, not a branch of Claire's Accessories btw! (Piercing guns - shudder)

:-)
I don't really know, I've never had anything pierced, but your shudder has made me think again :o
Advancing to what?

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Well, ultimately it's up to you, and zillions of people go to Claire's with no ill efects I guess. But I'd avoid getting any piercings using a gun for the following reasons:

Piercing guns can't be sterilised - a needle will be sterile
Needles are much sharper than piercing guns, therefore make a better hole
Anyone can pick up and use a piercing gun with no training - a reputable piercer will have had an apprenticeship

There was another good reason, but I can't remember it now (I'm sure my bad memory is a result of T y'know - and I must go and post that in that thread about effects of hormones before I forget again!)

:-)

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:03 pm

D'ya know how to find a reputable place? It's something I've considered on/off for a few years but I think the time might be right :D
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:07 pm

Word of mouth is usually the best bet as far as recommendations are concerned - but failing that, Google is a good start, along with checking that they have an up-to-date certificate from the local council displayed (is it Environmental Health? Hmmm, not sure off-hand).

Whereabouts in the country are you? Someone might know of a good place to recommend.

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm between Halifax, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield and Huddersfield :lol:

I don't know anyone so word of mouth isn't really plausible.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”