Ears?

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Nathan

Re: Ears?

Postby Nathan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:08 am

I agree with Flameboy, get it done at a proper place with a needle. And don't be put off my the piercer having tats or piercings be comforted by it as it probably means he knows a bit about piercings.

In my opinion piercing guns should be banned.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

If one's trying to find out about piercings, what should one... look for? I'm guessing from this little bit of banter that it's important to find out how they do it, but do you ask about failure rates or what?

It's all confusing :lol:
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Cassie

Postby Cassie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:43 pm

They use single-use sterilised disposable guns these days.

When I got mine done at Claire's in December the piercing was done by the stud itself. In other words the thing that made the hole is still in my ear now - yep i've never taken them out.

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm

This is the best video to show you why needles are better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKCW76znIwk

The best way to find out if a piercer is good or not is to ask other people who have been there and see pictures. I made a mistake of going to bad piercer when I got my septum done so now i'm very picky.

I find this a good guide when looking for places to get pierced, its a piercing and tattoo studio directory and people have rated the good piercers - http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/piercing_directory/

Helena Handcart

Postby Helena Handcart » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm

I got my ears pierced years ago, in the mid-eighties, by the gun that pierces and puts in the stud at the same time. I thought all piercing was done like that. I continually turned the stud as instructed, but found my earlobes went septic and I had to remove the studs altogether. An unsterilised gun, perhaps?

But there's another reason leaving my ears naked - the piercing sent me into a state of shock - lucky I was with friends.

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”