Ears?

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Nathan

Re: Ears?

Postby Nathan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:59 pm

I continually turned the stud as instructed, but found my earlobes went septic and I had to remove the studs altogether. An unsterilised gun, perhaps?
Perhaps but it probably went like that because you kept turning the stud. Sadly still today people who don't know what they are doing tell people to twist the earing but this only aggravates it, prolongs healing and lets dirt into the healing piercing.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

chris_in_devon

Postby chris_in_devon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:42 pm

I have recently done the Caflon Ear Piercing Course using what is now deemed to be the Beauty Course Standard weapon of choice... LOL The Caflon Piercing System.
To help a lot of people out and so that people can read some actual literature (albeit compiled by Caflon themselves), I've included a link to the Caflon Piercing System Manual, it is very good, especially description of places you can pierce the ears, operator hygiene, Health & Safety and aftercare.

Caflon is a UK registered company and very well known in the Beauty Industry and they provide their own trainers to Beauty Colleges and Salons for training sessions.
http://www.caflon.com/downloads/manual.pdf

I was in a jewellers on Saturday buying a new watch, a couple came in with what looked like a 12 year old girl and asked could she have her ears pierced, the assistant said yes, sat the girl down and did it there and then.

What appalled me most was the assistant didn't even fill out a log sheet or ask mandatory questions. Yes she did sanitise the ear first and wore gloves but I wouldn't exactly call it a pleasant environment. I didn't see a valid certificate of training on display or one from the Council on display, but they may have had them in the office.....

Chris
Professional Beauty Therapist
I treat anybody, regardless of race, sex or gender!

Phaedra

Postby Phaedra » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

I had my ears pierced with a gun about a year ago, they were fine for months, but then recently got infected, or maybe I was allergic to some new earrings. Anyway, I had to stop wearing any earrings and the holes have healed up. It's left a small lump where one was though, just scar tissue I think, but the piercing place I'd been to said I'd have to wait until that disappeared before having new ones, although why they couldn't just put them in a different place I don't know.

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I'd still advise against going to a place that uses a piercing gun - a proper piercer will be able to advise you as to when (and where) your ears can be re-pierced. But at the end of the day, it's your body and therefore it's up to you what you decide to do.

Christine

Postby Christine » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

I'd still advise against going to a place that uses a piercing gun - a proper piercer will be able to advise you as to when (and where) your ears can be re-pierced. But at the end of the day, it's your body and therefore it's up to you what you decide to do.
Just as a completely random anecdote, three experiences:

First, left ear. Noticeboard pin and "kinda" surgical alcohol. It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience, but healed well enough without any bother.

Second, right ear. Body piercing studio on the assumption that they'd use a needle (which I understood to be the best approach). They used a piercing gun. Fairly painless, but the healing procedure seemed really, really protracted and the result has never been entirely satisfactory. Placement was okay though, at least it matched the other one.

Third, nose. I'd heard nostril piercings were really troublesome, though some reading about the subject suggested that this was probably because they were done at a smaller gauge than other non-ear-piercings, so I guess it would be expected. I decided on 1.6mm as a likely trouble-free solution, which meant a (I think) 2.5mm needle. eek! It looked enormous and was incredibly painful, partly because the nose apparently has a lot of nerve endings, and largely because I decided to do it myself. But the end result has been good, it hasn't given me any trouble at all. But the placement and angle were pure luck, any sort of piercing should be done by someone who knows what they're doing. And I most certainly don't.

Funny that both the ones I did myself were the least bothersome, though I don't think anyone should draw any conclusions from that!

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”