Removing facial hair - but still in male mode.

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Flameboy

Re: Removing facial hair - but still in male mode.

Postby Flameboy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi Helena!

I don't know anything about hair removal I'm afraid, but I just wanted to say welcome to tzone, and that I love your user name! :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Helena Handcart

Postby Helena Handcart » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Thanks, Flameboy - lucky I was in an imaginative mood when I thought of that name. But my real name is Helen.

This forum looks very useful - most other transgender forum are very much transvestite-oriented, which I find alienating. I also like the fact that it has a mixture of MtF and FtM contributors - it's more interesting that way. In the same way as, socially, I prefer mixed company to all-girl company.

jasikazenith

Postby jasikazenith » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:52 am

Removing a facial hair,you do a waxing or tweezing this a temporary hair removal and you also do a laser hair removal this a permanent hair removal and best and effective treatment.

chris_in_devon

Postby chris_in_devon » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Male hair is tough!

During my waxing course at college, I was "volunteered" not to shave for a week so the instructor could demonstrate how hard and to be honest, painful it was to remove hair from a male face using warm and/or hot wax. She tried using both types of wax on my upper lip, painful and very little removed! Even with a weeks stubble of about 2 millimetres in places, very little was removed.

I have just tried again after a 2 days of non shaving with a new hot wax that is supposed to be more effective at hair removal, virtually nothing came out. So I would have to agree professional removal using IPL etc is the only effective way of male face hair removal.

I treat my g/f's chin with hot wax (her fault because she had insisted in the years before I met her to shave off any facial hair) and after a course of treatments lasting 2 month's she can now go about 4 weeks without another waxing treatment. She still sits there with a tweezer pulling out the odd hair though.

As part of my course we had to research hair removal and approved equipment available in the UK and I had fogotten I had kept a useful link in a document. (I had loads until my laptop required reloading and I forgot to save all my favourites)

http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment ... ir-Removal

http://www.consultingroomshop.com/Probl ... air-Growth

I have no association with this company, I have never used their equipment so I'm not endorsing or recommending them or their products. I'm a pro beauty therapist so I have a code of professional conduct I have to adhere to so I cannot recommend anything other than equipment and products I have been trained on!

I hope this helps someone

Chris
Professional Beauty Therapist
I treat anybody, regardless of race, sex or gender!

quackers

Postby quackers » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Well having IPL which is going well. Also the anti-androgens have had a real effect on my facial hair. As in there is very little regrowth.

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”