Male Pattern Baldness

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Jane_D_C

Re: Male Pattern Baldness

Postby Jane_D_C » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:45 pm

I THINK I am seeing some signs of hair regrowth at the front now. But then the Chancellor of the Exchequer can see green shoots of economic recovery. Who knows if either of us is right? Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Cassie

Postby Cassie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Bet your hair recovers first ;)

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:16 am

I found some of that new caffeine shampoo stuff in Boots the other day so I thought I'd give it a try. Personally I think it's a bit gimmicky, but then again, when I mentioned it to my dermatologist, he reckoned that in theory it might work. Much the same as minoxidil, really, but I think I've already mentioned that I'm allergic to that.

The only real downside is that it needs two minutes to do its thing, so my getting up routine becomes ever more complicated. So I brush my teeth while I'm waiting, which is time I normally use for the conditioner to work, so that now has to wait while I have my morning bath... and then I sometimes forget to rinse it out. Er, anyway.

Entirely coincidentally, it also seems to be quite a serious thickening shampoo. Then again, there's not necessarily anything wrong with that, and it could simply be viewed as it trying to provide a complete solution. And I kinda like the perfume, but it's also kinda male, so ymmv.

I'm not sure how I'll be able to tell if it's worked as there's already a few tiny new hairs along my hairline; I guess we'll see if anything comes of them, since that's been happening for the past year but they never amount to anything.

I still figure in the long run I'll just have to rely on hairspray to conceal any areas that I'm not very comfortable with. Ever the optimist! :D

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:24 pm

I can now report that I definitely have some hair regrowth at the front. Everybody who has seen me minus wig says so. It is not just my wishful thinking.

I obviously don’t know if this is estrogen, Finasteride or both. The regrowth stopped when I had to stop taking estrogen for three weeks for removal of vaginal granulation under general anaesthetic.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Christine

Postby Christine » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm

That's good news! Let's hope it continues. :)

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”