Trans-Friendly Hairdressers and Barbers

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Hellfrozeover

Trans-Friendly Hairdressers and Barbers

Postby Hellfrozeover » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:24 pm

From reading the old forums, I got the impression that people who were maybe early in their transition or didn't 'pass' as well as they'd want to could have some issues with hairdressers and barbers when it came to getting the service that everyone is entitled to. This thread is for recommending hairdressers and barbers that you felt were both sensitive when it came to your personal needs as well as giving you a great service (eg. a good cut, showing ways to hide or enhance certain aspects of your face).

Keep it honest, short and free of cattiness.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Phaedra

Re: Trans-Friendly Hairdressers and Barbers

Postby Phaedra » Tue May 11, 2010 9:51 pm

E'van in Newcastle are good, not cheap though, but good.

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 pm

For guys in the Manchester area, I'd recommend the Funky Crop Shop on Bloom Street (in the Gay Village). They're a gay barber shop, so they don't really do female hair styles, and they are used to people who appear female but want male hair styles. Their prices are a bit higher than the average Manchester barber, but still extremely reasonable for a city centre place at about ÂŁ12 for a standard hair cut. And they should be fine if you do actually want to explain that you're FTM rather than let them assume you're a butch d*ke, but either way you shouldn't have any problems getting the haircut that you want.

(Was that short enough HFO? ;) )

:-)

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:13 am

I have a guy come round to my home & cut my hair. He's been doing it since before I transitioned, and still does it. The transition did not bother him. He has another transsexual customer. His area is West Norfolk. If anyone needs his phone number, please send me a PM.

There are home hairdressers in most areas.

Love,

Jane

x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:04 pm

This lady has recently cut my hair, plucked my eyebrows, waxed my legs and pierced my ears. She is very trans friendly. Her salon can only accommodate one customer at once, so it is private.

Lily's Home and Away Hair & Beauty
01223 319 738
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”