Trans Hair Removal Resources

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Jane_D_C

Re: Trans Hair Removal Resources

Postby Jane_D_C » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 pm

The trouble is that beard hair roots are strong in an MtF. Epilation would require a powerful machine& would hurt.

It's catch 22: you will pay £100-£200 per session for beard removal with laser, IPL, electrolysis etc.

This is no fun. In fact it is just awful and my heart goes out to you.

The only ray of hope is a prescription-only cream called Vaniqa. It seems to work better on some people than others, but when it works it works well. Ask your GP for a prescription. It does not pretend to be permanent.

Jane

x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Jane_D_C

Latest Pix of My beard

Postby Jane_D_C » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:34 pm

These were taken 30 Days after my latest ELOS treatment (http://www.syneron.com).

Compared to the last set of images viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=60#p17420, there is little if any moustache removal. There may even be some moustache re-growth. I think there has been some removal from the cheeks.

I took these pictures in the evening, after a migraine attrack. Earlier in the day I had been too ill to shave, so the hairs had plenty of time to grow.

Comparison of the first set of such photos I published, in November last, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=20#p8879, there is less white hair in the chin area. Whether this is due to the ELOS or to Vaniqa (http://www.vaniqa.com) I cannot say.

Jane

x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

KatherineJ

Postby KatherineJ » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Sorry if this isn't the right topic as this is more of a request for advice. I'll move it if it's wrong.

Does a combination of facial hair removal cream and natural hair inhibitor gel do anything at all? I'm still waiting to come out to anyone, but would still like to do things to improve my appearance, as it may help me in telling those I need to tell. I've always hated the way I look after a shave, as compared to a lot of other people I see that are so cleanly shaven, it doesn't even look as I've shaved. I think it's probably too much to cover up with foundation and concealer too :(

(Sorry for the poor quality, their from my phone camera)

I've been using exfoliating face gel, followed by shaving using either gel or foam, and then moisturizer, but this is the best I can get, and it's certainly not going to allow me to pass. I've spoken to many people about how much I hate this look, without revealing my true reasons, and I've had people tell me to try using proper shaving cream and a proper badger hair shaving brush to apply it for a much closer shave. I'm tempted to try these, but something tells me they probably don't work too well, as if they did, why wouldn't everyone use them?

http://www.mankind.co.uk/hair-no-more-h ... 65265.html

http://www.mankind.co.uk/hair-no-more-n ... 62809.html

Should I just continue shaving and simply save my money for some proper hair removal treatment? My face is only the start, unfortunately I have a LOT of body hair, but the face is where I should start I think before being able to present as a female in public.

Different_Trains

Postby Different_Trains » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:20 pm

My face is only the start, unfortunately I have a LOT of body hair, but the face is where I should start I think before being able to present as a female in public.
I agree. Best to start with the face. It'll take longer to remove, and unlike body hair, can't be hidden quite so easily!

I think you might well benefit from IPL, because of your light skin and dark hair.

Different_Trains

Postby Different_Trains » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:59 pm

Here's an animated GIF of my hair growth between May and August. The pictures were all taken about a week and a half apart. They were also all taken after a full day's beard growth. Seem to be seeing a slight reduction in growth rate? Not sure.

P.S. I use that same conditioner, but on my head hair!

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tipsâ€