Question about shoe/feet sizes

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Lairiana

Re: Question about shoe/feet sizes

Postby Lairiana » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 pm

If I get a size 12 (Or a lady's medium) it's pretty much guaranteed to fit me on the top.

I'm a 30/32 on bottom, so not sure what that translates to :p
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

hideous_penguin_boy

Postby hideous_penguin_boy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 pm

I've found that men's shoe sizes tend to be wider than women's, especially around the instep. You might find that certain styles will fit a lot tighter than you expect so it might be worth considering shoes that are adjustable around that part - like with a buckled/stretch strap.

Millie

Postby Millie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Yeah, once you know that George size 14 is roughly the same as Monsoon size 18 you are okay!! :?

I've got clothes of all different sizes but I figure that most women do! :P
Advancing to what?

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm about a size 8.5 in men's, which seems fairly reliably translate into 9 in women's, or 42 in both; though all of those seem to vary by up to a whole size either way. I have fairly wide feet which is an annoyance with both men's and women's shoes and need a fairly reliable EEE, though places like Evans and The Shoe Tailor seem to have quite a fair range of shoes in that width. Finding them with sufficient arch support is quite a task though, and I could've saved a lot of money if I was organised enough to return shoes that don't fit. Oh well, the charity bins will do quite well out of it!

It seems that Amazon US also has a far wider range than Amazon UK when it comes to shoes, especially taking width fittings into account which Amazon UK doesn't even have as an option. Life's also a bit easier now that Amazon US also makes you pay customs fees in advance: okay, you can't gamble on them not being held up, but given that some couriers do it as standard and you can pay an additional ÂŁ10-20 (or more) in "handling fees" in addition to everything else, it's probably a good thing. I'm about 11.5-12 in US sizing, apparently, and about a D-E width.

Sigh, I love the consistency in sizing...

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”