Going forward vs. Changing back?

Changed your mind about changing gender roles? Discuss it here.
JustMe

Re: Going forward vs. Changing back?

Postby JustMe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:59 pm

I know Christine,

I really do feel as if my life is on hold and has been for some time now. What makes it worse is the uncertainty of when I will get my surgery appointment. Mine may be March (unlikely) but may be April but also, who knows? So, until I get to my consultation with the surgeon in a few weeks - I can't make any plans for this year (holidays, projects at work etc etc). It's this waiting which is the most frustrating thing of all. Equally frustrating is the fact that if I had gone private, I could be through the sytem after a year in RLE and not forced to go through 2 years like I have done. Anyway, watch this space.

Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Christine

Postby Christine » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 pm

I think that going private might not have helped: even if they can theoretically ease up on the absurd requirements, in practice they'll most likely follow the same guidelines set by CX. I think it's just too risky for them to do otherwise, I mean you have e.g. Dr Curtis getting constant aggravation simply for providing an alternative route. I'm not saying that from a no hope point of view, just that the route you've taken isn't a disadvantaged one, at least.

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Aw, thanks Christine, you have made me feel better.

Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

Christine

Postby Christine » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm so glad! I think it's good to dispel that nagging "if only..." thought we can sometimes get.

I think things are (theoretically) improving for those following us, and I hope that it's actually realised; part of me almost wants to feel bitter, but really I'm happy for them. I mean what's the alternative? "If only I'd left it until now!" Er, no. :D

There's still much work to be done to make the whole system more accessible. I hope I live to see it, even if it doesn't benefit me personally.

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:28 pm

I know exactly what you mean Christine, can you imagine if we were in our 20's and just starting out? What a different world compared to when we were in our 20's (sigh) - anyway, onwards and upwards.

Kerry x.

Return to “So you want to change back?â€