A link with lots of experiences of de-transition...

Changed your mind about changing gender roles? Discuss it here.
Different_Trains

A link with lots of experiences of de-transition...

Postby Different_Trains » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi all,
I found this site with lots of people's experiences of de-transition. I think it's important to share because such places seem to be pretty thin on the ground.

http://atlasstrawberries.tumblr.com/

(Link cleared by admin)

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Steffi

Re: A link with lots of experiences of de-transition...

Postby Steffi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks, that looks like a useful link.
As I think I mentioned elsewhere, Susan's forum has sections for those who are gender neutral, those who feel they are trans but are unable or unwilling to transition etc.

There are remarks on the site you linked to about hostility from the trans community.
I don't feel or understand such hostility myself but the situation is simply this:-
Those who detransition move into an area outside my empathy or experience.
Since I can't advise or resonate with their feelings, I would naturally have a lot less to say. :shrugs:
But it is not hostility, per se.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

I have about twenty tracks of me in my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if anyone wants to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Andr0meda

Re: A link with lots of experiences of de-transition...

Postby Andr0meda » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 am

I would say go ahead and de-transition, dont bother what trans people think, instead get away from the trans community as they think they own the rainbow. Everyone who has played with gender is not trans, no matter how far they have gone, the trans community (if one exists) does not own your future and has no right to tell you what you are, you do not have to fit with in one of two very tight boxes, no one does, and you dont need empathy from those who think they do. If your a man all you have to do is live your life and not subscribe to mainstream masculinity, you dont have to become female to do this. Many people who are just living there lives are unaware of how gender roles are dammaging them, just because someone wakes up to the restrictive box there in does not mean they should jump into box of the other sex. Get out and stay out.